Sweet Potato Rounds with Goat Cheese, Roasted Grapes, and Pecans make the most delicious, easy and festive holiday appetizer! This recipe is in partnership with ALDI.
You guyzzz! 2020 is around the corner and I CANNOT believe it. My wedding year is almost here!!
In honor of the New Year, I whipped up a delectable appetizer for you to serve alongside your bubbly. I love these because they're simple but still super unique thanks to the roasted grapes (which taste fancy pants but are not complicated).
Whether you’re hosting a cozy cocktail party to watch the ball drop with your best pals or whipping up an epic last meal of 2019 for a crowd, ALDI has an unreal selection of food, sweet treats, and wine for your New Year’s Eve celebration!
Sweet potato rounds make the perfect party app.
Let's chat ingredients! This festive starter comes together in no time since we're roasting the sweet taters and grapes in the oven at the same time.
REWIND. Have you ever laid your mouth on roasted grapes? They're extra. Tossed with EVOO, salt, pepper, and a pinch of thyme, they get all caramelized and juicy and magical in the oven. The absolute perfect compliment to tangy goat cheese, if I do say so myself.
Toppings! I went with toasted pecans and goat cheese, but you can totally use whatever you fancy for toppings. ALDI has so many amazing kinds of gourmet cheeses, so I recommend you do some exploring.
I recently discovered their award-winning Specially Selected Aged Reserved White Cheddar and let me tell you, my salad game has never been stronger.
Brie or ricotta would be lovely here, as would walnuts if you aren't digging pecans. Don't have thyme? Swap it out for rosemary or simply omit it. A grind of black pepper and a drizzle of honey takes these sweet potato rounds from great to stupendous.
Having groceries delivered is life-changing.
I ordered everything I needed for this recipe on Instacart and let me tell you, it may be my new go-to. It's super easy to navigate on their website or app and just so convenient when there's a million and a half things on your to-do list beyond going to the grocery store. (Note that Instacart isn’t available in all zip codes.)
I wasn't mad about not having to lug a bunch of grocery bags inside in the cold, either.
We even created a custom Instacart shopping list including everything I used to make this recipe so you can easily whip them up in your own kitchen.
Beer, wine, and bubbly are now available on Instacart!
From decadent treats to bubbly for popping at midnight, ALDI is helping you ring in the new year with the most fabulous selection and quality, all at unbeatable prices. The best part is that ALDI launched wine and beer availability nationwide on Instacart just in time for the holidays!
I'm a sucker for a bold bottle of red, so I ordered the Exquisite Collection Malbec Mendoza and of course some Belletti Prosecco.
Wine and bubbly DELIVERED? Heck yes. Can't ring in 2020 without ‘em!
Get FREE delivery on your first order.
Now there's no reason not to have all your ALDI favorites delivered to your doorstep. Skip the hustle and bustle and use code ALDIHOLIDAY19 for free delivery on your first Instacart order of $35 or more through the end of the year!
Now let's partayyy!
Craving more apps for the loveliest New Year's Eve celebration? I gotchu.
- Baked Pumpkin Hummus Dip with Goat Cheese
- Vegan Creamy Baked Kale and Artichoke Dip
- Buffalo Cauliflower Dip
- Easy Vegan Queso
Now let's partayyy!Print
Sweet Potato Rounds with Goat Cheese, Roasted Grapes, and Pecans make the most delicious, easy, and festive holiday appetizer!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into ¼-inch rounds (enough to fill one sheet pan, longer ones are better than wide)
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp Carlini Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 4oz Emporium Selection Truffle Goat Cheese Log (you can also use plain Happy Farms Goat Cheese)
- 2 cups Organic Red Seedless Grapes
- ¼ tsp Simply Nature Organic Thyme Leaves (optional)
- ⅓ cup Southern Grove Chopped Pecans, finely chopped
- drizzle of Simply Nature Organic Wildflower Honey
- Stonemill Salt and Black Peppercorn Grinder, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Place sweet potato rounds on a baking sheet (they don't have to be even yet). Drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and a big pinch of salt and pepper and use your hands to toss together so potatoes are evenly coated. Set aside.
- Place grapes on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper, tossing to coat. Place sweet potatoes and grapes in the oven at the same time. Bake for 20-25 minutes, rotating sweet potato pan halfway through, or until grapes begin to burst and sweet potatoes are tender. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place pecans in a small pan over medium heat and toast, stirring often for about 7 minutes or until golden and fragrant (you can also roast in the oven for 7 minutes at 350F if you prefer).
- Transfer sweet potato rounds to a serving plate. Top each one with a spoonful of goat cheese, a few roasted grapes, a sprinkle of pecans and dried thyme, and a drizzle of honey. Serve warm.