This addictive Healthy Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Dip is super creamy, decadent, and secretly healthy! You'd never guess it was vegan, gluten-free, and packed with protein. Make it for the big game or as a party appetizer!
I'm in love I'm in love and I don't care who knows it!
You're going to want to bathe in the creamy magnificence that is this vegan buffalo dip. You'll want to dip chips and celery and carrots and fingers and toes in it.
Cuz who doesn't love Buffalo Chicken Dip? Meet the world's finest veggie version.
We're talking 1) fabulous texture, 2) tangy, must-go-back-for-more flavor status, and 3) a stellar nutrition profile, believe it or not. What a trio.
We can keep that last part secret.
I originally published this recipe in 2016. Jeff had said, "Mmmmm. Good job, boo! Just don't tell people it's vegan. Or what's in it."
The fiancé is a wise, wise man. No one is dying to know there's legumes hiding in the shadows, I get it.
The second people learn something is vegan, they automatically think it'll taste like socks.
Let their innocent tastebuds relish in the sheer cheezy, buffalo-y glory that is this dip without knowing it's packed with good-for-you ingredients and all the flavor on planet earth.
Laugh your evil laugh in the background as your guests gather around the TV shoveling cauliflower, chickpeas, and cashews down their traps thinking it's cheez whiz. Vegan buffalo dip HEAVEN.
Ahhhh. The satisfaction!
Ingredients to Make Buffalo Cauliflower Dip
- Raw cashews: For that creamy, velvetty richness we all know and love.
- Cauliflower: I steam a bag from frozen, making the prep a breeze. Cauliflower adds a wonderful thick texture here.
- Chickpeas: Another textural sub for chicken in classic buffalo dip, chickpeas also add a hefty punch of fiber and plant protein.
- Hot sauce: I used Frank's red hot because is there really any other? Flavor town!
- Nutritional yeast: this adds that quintessential cheezy flavor. You can find nooch at Kroger, Whole Foods, Amazon, etc.
Make it for the big game. Make it for the small game. Make it for no reason at all beyond it being sensationally delish!
Good luck with sharing.Print
This addictive Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Dip is super creamy, decadent, and secretly healthy/ You'd never guess it was vegan, gluten-free, and packed with protein. Make it for the big game or as an appetizer for your next dinner party.
- Place cashews in a bowl of warm water for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray an 8x8in baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add to the bowl of a large food processor the steamed cauliflower, cashews, chickpeas, hot sauce, water, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, onion powder, and garlic powder. Process until the mixture is smooth and creamy, which will take several minutes. Scrape down the bowl as needed.
- Transfer dip to baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil, turn the oven to broil, (keep the oven open) and cook for 5 minutes longer.
- Serve with chips or veggies for dipping. I like it hot or cold! Dip will last at least a week in the fridge.
Recipe by Alexis Joseph of Hummusapien™. Photos by Eat Love Eats.