Hubba hubba. Isn't she GAWJUSS?
Is anyone else on team I've-never-made-spinach-and-artichoke-dip before? Raise the roof, my friends.
There's no better time than the present to up your dip game. A little birdie (ahem, Jeff) told me that the Superbowl is in three weeks. That means you have three weeks to be all googly-eyed over this here Vegan Baked Kale and Artichoke Dip before you actually have to make it. And oh, making it is a total breeze!
I'm having a moment or seven with my cast iron skillet. First it was my Peppermint Chocolate Skillet Cookie. (OMG, how have you not made it yet?!) Then it was The Best Shakshuka. And now it's dip! But not just any dip. An epically creamy and satisfying dream dip sent from the dairy-free gods and goddesses. I love me a classic spinach and artichoke dip with cream cheese and parm and all the goods, but this one is fun and unique and more glorious for your ticker because it uses plant-based ingredients like coconut milk and white beans and results in that same velvety yumminess.
HOW DO YOU THEY DOOOOO IT?!
But I can't take credit for this lusciousness. Indeed, this Vegan Baked Kale and Artichoke Dip is one of Ilene Godofky Moreno's creations from her new cookbook, The Colorful Kitchen! Ilene was sweet enough to send me a copy and believe me when I say that it was a complete drool fest.
Her lovely book centers around uncomplicated plant-based recipes for vibrancy inside and out. Speakin' my language! I can't wait to make the Blueberry Basil Lemon Muffins, Spicy Peanut & Kimchi Stew, Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes Fries with Maple PB Sauce, and obviously the Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches.
But wait, there's more! Ilene was sweet enough to offer a FREE copy of her book to one lucky Hummusapien reader! This giveaway is open to US residents only. The giveaway will end Friday, January 19th at 12:00pm EST. The winner will be notified by Sunday evening.
TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY:
- Follow Hummusapien on Instagram. Like the post about this giveaway and leave a comment tagging a friend who’d love the cookbook.
- Come back to the blog and leave a comment on this post telling me you did! If you don’t have Instagram, simply leave a comment on this post telling me why you’d like to win the cookbook.
Okay going to dive face first into this creamy goodness BYE!Print
Enjoy this deliciously creamy Vegan Baked Kale and Artichoke Dip at your next get together!
- 1-13.5oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 1-15oz can white beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- Juice of one lemon (about 2 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups shredded kale
- 2-15oz cans chopped artichoke hearts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Crackers, chips, or toast for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- To prepare the cream, combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- To prepare the sautéed kale, heat the olive oil over medium high heat in a cast iron skillet. (If you don't have a cast iron skillet, use a regular pan and transfer mixture to a baking dish later). Add onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes. Turn the hat off, add the kale, and cook for a few minutes, or until the kale wilts.
- Pour the cream mixture into the skillet. Add the artichoke hearts, salt, and pepper, and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until bubbly. Enjoy warm with crackers, chips, or toast. It will thicken as it cools.
Reprinted with permission from The Colorful Kitchen, copyright © 2017 by Ilene Godofsky Moreno