“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive, and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
Hi there! I’m Alexis and this is Hummusapien™, a multifaceted food, wellness, and lifestyle brand created in 2011 in order to inspire others to eat happy and live fully. This is the corner of the internet that gives me life.
I’m a Registered and Licensed Dietitian with a master’s degree in Clinical Nutrition from The Ohio State University. I was put on this earth to use my passion for cooking and wellness as fuel to help others ignite a more freeing, happy, and wholesome relationship with food. Through my years of experience coaching individual clients, consulting with food brands, and conceptualizing restaurants, I combine approachable recipes with nutrition education to bring peace and joy back to the kitchen table.
More about me! I like plants. A lot. Both in my home and in my belly. I also like chocolate croissants. I’m a fierce believer in joy, in seeing the world, in salted dark chocolate, in sarcasm, in diversity, in the power of passion, in confidence, in BALANCE, in living a life of purpose, in inspiring others to embrace their best self, and in making healthy damn delicious.
Here are a few of my favorite posts:
- This Is My Story
- How I Became the Eater I Want to Be
- I Have Been Changed For Good
- How Eating Intuitively Helped Me Live More Intuitively
- A Love Letter to My Anxiety
- I Drank Unicorn Frappuccinos for a Week and Here’s What Happened
- 2016 Reflections: I Am More Than a Food Blogger
- Our Home Renovation
When I’m not blogging, I’m at Alchemy, an innovative health food concept here in Columbus that I co-founded with A&R Creative Group in 2014. I oversee business development, menu creation, cafe operations, marketing, nutrition services, and beyond. Our second Alchemy location in Grandview opened this past Spring. We opened Alchemy’s sister concept TRISM on Ohio State’s campus in 2017. TRISM is a transformative eatery, bar, and event space. When I’m not functioning as a restauranteur or food blogger, I’m working with women who struggle with disordered eating to help them ditch dieting and live a nourished, full, delicious life.
To learn more about me, check out the podcasts I’ve been featured on:
- Hustling to Build Two Full-Time Businesses
- Curiosity Over Judgement, Self-Compassion and Living Your Unicorn Life
- What It’s Really Like to be a Healthy Living Blogger
- How Do You Maintain Purpose in Your Passion or Business?
- What to Do When You Have Your Wake-Up Call and It’s Time to Change For Good
I welcome questions and comments, but please ask them in the comment section of the blog and I’ll do my best to get back to you soon!