Welcome to Hummusapien! I'm Alexis Joseph, a food writer, blogger, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN), toddler mama, and Co-Founder of the restaurant group Alchemy Brands. This is my happy place!
Hummusapien is a multifaceted food, wellness, and lifestyle brand created in 2011 in order to inspire others to eat happy and live fully balanced.
I use my passion for cooking and wellness as fuel to help others ignite a more freeing relationship with food. Through years of experience coaching individual clients, consulting with food brands, and conceptualizing restaurants, I combine approachable recipes with nutrition education to bring peace and joy back to the table.
I like to eat plants and I love to eat chocolate croissants. I’m a fierce believer in making healthy absolutely delish. Check out This Is My Story, How I Became the Eater I Want to Be, and my FAQ page for more about my journey!
I have over eight years of experience working as a media spokesperson and expert nutrition consultant for countless popular food, wellness, and lifestyle brands such as ALDI, Barilla, General Mills, Kroger and beyond.
Hummusapien is one of the most heavily trafficked dietitian-authored blogs on the web today. My nutrition advice and approachable recipes are regularly featured in national online and print publications, including CNN, Food Network, Forbes, Women’s Health, and Cosmopolitan.
Most Popular Recipes
My recipes aren't just healthy--they're, super fun, flavor-packed, and so not intimidating. Here are the recipes readers just can't stop coming back to!
Credentials & Education
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Dietetics, The Ohio State University (OSU)
- Master of Science (MS) in Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics, OSU
- Master’s Thesis: “Health Perceptions of Cancer Survivors Harvest at an Urban Garden.” Thesis manuscript published in peer-reviewed American Journal of Health Behavior
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Recipient of a "Frederick Green Memorial Internship in Nutrition Communications" Award from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation
- Top 100 Responsible Health and Wellness Influencer, 2019
- Yelp Top 100 Business Leader, 2017
- Terra Madre Slow Food International US Delegate, 2016
- Top 10 Dietitian, Today’s Dietitian, 2016
- Columbus Tastemaker, Columbus Monthly, 2016
You can also find me hangin' out on Instagram, Tiktok, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Come say hi!
To learn more about me, check out the podcasts I’ve been featured on:
- An Honest Conversation About Life After Pregnancy
- Hustling to Build Two Full-Time Businesses
- Curiosity Over Judgement, Self-Compassion and Living Your Unicorn Life
- How Do You Maintain Purpose in Your Passion or Business?
- What to Do When You Have Your Wake-Up Call and It’s Time to Change For Good
I adore hearing from my readers. If you have a question about a recipe or a certain post, feel free to leave a question in the comments section. If you have a question about partnerships, please email email@example.com.