Welcome to Hummusapien, a multifaceted food, wellness, and lifestyle brand created in 2011 in order to inspire others to eat happy and live fully. This is the corner of the internet that gives me life.
I like plants. A lot. Both in my home and in my belly.
I also like chocolate croissants. I’m a fierce believer in joy, in seeing the world, in salted dark chocolate, in sarcasm, in diversity, in the power of passion, in confidence, in balance, in living a life of purpose, in inspiring others to embrace their best self, and in making healthy damn delicious.
My goal is to help my individual clients, food brands, and restaurants foster a more nourishing relationship with food.
"My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive, and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."
Here are a few of my favorite posts:
When I’m not behind my computer, I’m at Alchemy, a collection of wellness-inspired food concepts with three locations here in Columbus that I co-founded with A&R Creative Group in 2014.
I oversee business development, menu creation, operations, marketing, nutrition services, and beyond. We opened our third concept, Alchemy Meal Prep, in winter of 2020.
When I’m not functioning as a restaurateur or food blogger, I’m working with women who struggle with disordered eating to help them ditch dieting and live a nourished, full, delicious life.
To learn more about me, check out the podcasts I’ve been featured on:
- An Honest Conversation About Life After Pregnancy
- Shifting Into Intuitive Eating, Learning How to Run a Business, and Future Plans
- Hustling to Build Two Full-Time Businesses
- Curiosity Over Judgement, Self-Compassion and Living Your Unicorn Life
- What It’s Really Like to be a Healthy Living Blogger
- How Do You Maintain Purpose in Your Passion or Business?
- What to Do When You Have Your Wake-Up Call and It’s Time to Change For Good
I’d love to hear from you! If you have a question about a recipe or a certain post, feel free to leave a question in the comments section. If you have a question about partnerships, please email email@example.com.