These Vegan Raspberry Oatmeal Bars are packed with whole grains, raspberries, and chia seeds for the perfect healthy snack or treat! Gluten-free and kid-friendly.
I have enough raspberries in the freezer to feed a small village.
Raspberry jam. Raspberry pancakes. Raspberry smoothies. Raspberry ravioli. I’VE DONE IT ALL. Oh and obviously putting them all over my Overnight Steel Cut Oatmeal!
Last weekend I was perusing the blog for a work week snack and stumbled upon my beloved Blueberry Oatmeal Snack Bars recipe. I messed with the jam a bit, added a splash of almond extract, subbed raspberries for bloobs, and voila! The newest version of nomtastical fruit bars were birthed.
I chowed down on three bars plus thirty seven million crumbs the day I made them. The boyf proceeded to take three a day in his lil’ lunch box and before we knew it, they ceased to exist.
Do you know what that meeeeeeeans?
“Hey, boo? Would you mind not taking raspberry bars in your lunch today cuz like, I’ve only had three and they’re almost extinct.” INSERT TEAR DROP EMOJI HERE.
How to Make Vegan Raspberry Oatmeal Bars
First, we’re making a super simple homemade raspberry jam (you could use store-bought if you fancy). Then we make a divine oat crumble for the bottom and top layers. Easy peasy!
I’m a big fan of buying oat flour for convenience factor but you can certainly make your own by grinding old-fashioned oats in the blender. I think a portion of almond meal would be quite lovely in these Vegan Raspberry Oatmeal Bars, too! I’ll be sure to try that when I make a….peach version.
Oh and the almond extract! Don’t you forget it. I wrote “optional” because I don’t want you to not make them if you’re only missing that one ingredient butttttttt I’m team almond all day err’ day so I highly recommend you use it.
I use this Frontier almond flavor which is actually a bit lighter in taste, so I’d even bump it up to a teaspoon if you’re using that brand. Living on the edge here!!
Are Oats Gluten Free?
Oats do not contain gluten. This gets confusing because they are often processed in facilities that do process grains with gluten, which means risking cross-contamination. If you are avoiding gluten for personal or health reasons, be on the lookout for steel cut oats that indicate they’re certified gluten-free on the label.
Can I Use Another Fruit Besides Raspberry?
This fruity oatmeal bar recipe has a) breakfast potential, b) snack potential, c) dessert potential, d) all off the above. D!!! I loved these warmed in the microwave with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. What a dream!
If you loved this vegan raspberry oatmeal bar recipe, give it a thumbs up by leaving a 5-star rating and/or comment!
CRAVING MORE OATMEAL GOODNESS? DON’T MISS MY OTHER GO-TO OATMEAL RECIPES:
- Healthy Blueberry Oatmeal Snack Bars
- Apple Oatmeal Bars
- Salted Chocolate Covered Oatmeal Bites
- Morning Glory Baked Oatmeal Bars
- Banana Zucchini Oatmeal Cups
All I want to know is why raspberry isn’t spelled “razberry” and why blueberry isn’t spelled “bluepberry.”Print
Vegan Raspberry Oatmeal Bars
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Snack, Dessert
These raspberry oatmeal bars are packed with whole grains for the perfect healthy snack or treat! Vegan and gluten-free.
For the raspberry chia jam:
For the bars:
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease an 8x8in baking dish with coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add raspberries, chia seeds and maple syrup. Cook for about 8-10 minutes, stirring often. Use a potato masher to smash berries for the “jam” layer. Set aside to cool (I usually put it in the fridge).
- Combine oats, oat flour, sugar, cinnamon salt, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Add applesauce, maple syrup and coconut oil, vanilla, and almond extract, stirring to combine.
- Set aside a heaping half cup of the oat mixture and then spoon the rest evenly into the prepared pan. Top with raspberry chia jam, spreading evenly with a spoon or spatula. Drop the rest of the oat mixture on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into 12 bars. Store bars in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.