An apple walks into a bar.
Literally. I mean the oatmeal kind. And ya wanna know what happens next?
THEEEEEEEEESE. Deelish snackity bars bursting with Fall flavor flaves like cinnamon, nutmeg, rainbows, and butterflies. They're the treat that's technically a snack. They're the bar that keeps on giving.
Imagine a layer of moist, perfectly sweet, cinnamony oatmealness topped with ooey gooey apple buttery apples. No need to imagine. Whip up a batch and satisfy your long lost craving for apple oatmeal perfection!
I was overjoyed when my blogging boos and I decided on apples for this month's round-up theme. Apple-picking has been on my Fall bucket list for some time now. I don't think I'm going to get to it this season, so I'm living out my apple fantasies with these.
It's the least I could do to display my affection for the season's beloved fruit.
As if you didn't already know, apples are a nutrient powerhouse. They have oodles of soluble fiber to keep you full and aide in blood sugar control in addition to a potent antioxidant called quercetin (found mostly in the skin) that's known for boosting endurance and combatting inflammation. Apples for errbody!
Next time you go apple picking, pass on pie and make these healthy, scrumptious, vegan, gluten-free apple oatmeal bars instead. With no butter, flour, or refined sugar, they're 100% guaranteed to please both your belly, your sweet tooth, and your waistline.
Can I get a round of appleplause.Print
These wholesome, healthy, and delicious gluten-free apple oatmeal bars make the perfect fall treat.
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease an 8x8in baking dish with coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Combine oats, oat flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Add applesauce, maple syrup, coconut oil, and chopped apple. Stir until combined.
- Set aside a heaping half cup of the oat mixture and then press the rest evenly into the prepared pan. Top with apple butter, spreading evenly with a spoon or spatula.
- Sprinkle the rest of the oat mixture on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into 12-16 bars.
- Store in the refrigerator.
[Tweet "Snack on these easy #vegan #glutenfree Apple Oatmeal Bars @TheHummusapien"]
Now let's take a gander at what the other folks brought to the apple affair!
Julia of The Roasted Root made Baked Brie with Maple Spiced Apples for your creamy dreamy appetizer pleasure.
Arman of The Big Man's World baked you a Healthy 1-Minute Apple Cinnamon Muffin!
Lindsay of The Lean Green Bean created this stunning Caramel Apple Bread.
Kylie from Imma Eat That has me drooling with this Peanut Butter Applesauce.
Sarah from Making Thyme for Health made Healthy Apple Almond Butter Muffins for you snacking pleasure.