These raspberry oatmeal bars are packed with whole grains for the perfect healthy snack or treat! Vegan and gluten-free.
For the raspberry chia jam:
For the bars:
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease an 8x8in baking dish with coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add raspberries, chia seeds and maple syrup. Cook for about 8-10 minutes, stirring often. Use a potato masher to smash berries for the “jam” layer. Set aside to cool (I usually put it in the fridge).
- Combine oats, oat flour, sugar, cinnamon salt, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Add applesauce, maple syrup and coconut oil, vanilla, and almond extract, stirring to combine.
- Set aside a heaping half cup of the oat mixture and then spoon the rest evenly into the prepared pan. Top with raspberry chia jam, spreading evenly with a spoon or spatula. Drop the rest of the oat mixture on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into 12 bars. Store bars in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.