Super moist and fluffy Vegan Pumpkin Muffins made with 100% whole grain flour and packed with an entire can of pumpkin! Perfectly spiced and terrific with coffee.
Could there be a more delightful sight than a luscious batch of splendidly spiced pumpkin muffins? Well…only if they’re the best pumpkin muffins ever. And these so are!
This recipe will make your casa smell like a pumpkin candle alllll day long. An edible, scrumptious candle of sorts. The best kind!
Now I originally set my sites on making pumpkin bread, not muffins. But my pal Dylan and I tested a couple batches and we couldn’t get it just right. No one wants to bake a loaf for an hour an a half, now do they?
Alas, here we are today with THE best ever vegan pumpkin muffins in all the land. This is factual!
Ingredients in Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
These come together in no time. In fact, five of the ingredient on this list are just spices.
I didn’t doctor these up with any add ons, but chocolate chips, walnuts, and pecans would all be so lovely here. Go wild.
Whole wheat pastry flour: because it’s so fluffy! You could also use all purpose flour or a 1:1 gluten-free all purpose flour, if you fancy.
Organic cane sugar: the one and only. I haven’t tried it, but I’d guess that coconut sugar would work, although they won’t be as orange. I used a cup for classic pumpkin muffin goodness, but you can cut it down if you’re in the market for less sweet muffins.
Spices: ohhhh, spices galore! I used more cinnamon than most recipes call for and I think they’re simply perfect.
Pumpkin: we’re using an entire can of pumpkin puree for epic moistness and full out pumpkin flavor. Who wants a half cup of leftover pumpkin, anyway?
Almond milk: I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk, but any milk (cow’s, soy, etc) will do.
Oil: I used avocado oil, but melted coconut will work as well.
Tools to Make Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
Baking these muffins at 400F helps keep them nice and fluffy. Below are some more of my go-to supplies for magnificent muffery.
- This muffin tin is my favorite. There won’t be a crumb left behind!
- This one is fab if you want a lid for transporting.
- Muffin scoop! For perfect portioning, every time.
Please let me know how this Vegan Pumpkin Muffins recipe turns out for you by leaving a star rating and/or comment! I absolutely love hearing your feedback.
Craving more muffin madness? Try one of these divine recipes!
- Vegan Blueberry Banana Muffins
- Fluffy Vegan Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- One Bowl Chocolate Banana Muffins
Muffin muffin muffin tiiiiiime!Print
Super moist and fluffy Vegan Pumpkin Muffins made with 100% whole grain flour and packed with an entire can of pumpkin! Perfectly spiced and terrific with coffee. See notes for gluten free options. Delicious topped with Healthy Cream Cheese Frosting!
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup organic cane sugar (use 3/4 cup for less sweet muffins)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 15 oz pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, spices, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin, milk, and oil. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix with a rubber spatula just until combined, being careful not to over-mix. The batter will be thick.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin, filling almost to the top. Bake for about 23 minutes, or until a toothpick or knife comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack. Store in an air-tight container on the counter for a up to 4 days or in the refrigerator/freezer for longer.
GLUTEN FREE: Readers have had success with an all purpose gluten free flours like this or this. Or try my Almond Flour Pumpkin Bread recipe that’s gluten free, and bake for 30 minutes in a muffin tin. These will not work with almond flour or coconut flour.