Super moist and fluffy Vegan Pumpkin Muffins made with 100% whole grain flour and packed with an entire can of pumpkin! Perfectly spiced and terrific with coffee. See notes for gluten free options. Delicious topped with Healthy Cream Cheese Frosting!
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup organic cane sugar (use 3/4 cup for less sweet muffins)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 15 oz pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, spices, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin, milk, and oil. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix with a rubber spatula just until combined, being careful not to over-mix. The batter will be thick.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin, filling almost to the top. Bake for about 23 minutes, or until a toothpick or knife comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack. Store in an air-tight container on the counter for a up to 4 days or in the refrigerator/freezer for longer.