Delicious, fluffy, 100% whole grain & vegan Lemon Blueberry Muffins bursting with bright lemon flavor! Moist, healthy, irresistible muffins the whole family will love.
Is it just me or has the Hummusapien baked good game been ON POINT lately?!
The recipe bug has clearly bitten me good and it’s been super fun to have those creative juices flowing. Believe me when I say I feel it physically when that inspired spirit flows through me like liquid gold. It’s magic.
But I also go through phases of writer’s block (and recipe block) when I feel like I legitimately have nothing to say or give to the world, which as a blogger, can be a challenge. Instead of judging myself for wanting to hibernate here and there, I sit with it, I let myself feel it, and I do something else that has nothing to do with food or nutrition or the internet.
I listen to 90’s music. I sit outside at a coffee shop and listen to the birds. I walk to the park with a friend. I call my mom. I have real, meaningful, in-person conversations. I CONNECT. With myself especially but also with the people I love most.
“Pause your life if you need to, care for yourself lovingly, do not ignore your rest, slow down so you can take a deep breath.”
You know what else brings me joy in moments when joy is tough to find? Baking. Baking something yummy in the kitchen by myself when it’s really sunny out while I jam to Betty Who. When I think of these stellar Lemon Blueberry Muffins, AKA fluffy clouds of delish muffin heaven, I think of the warm and fuzzy feeling I had when I was whisking the flour and zesting the lemon. I really believe that food tastes better when it’s made with love.
These muffins are made with ALL THE LOVE. They’re 100% whole grain (whole wheat pastry flour is my spirit animal), vegan, bursting with bright citrus flavor and sweet bloobs, and so darn moist n’ fluffy that you may just never make another muffin recipe again.
They’re sweetened with a mix of organic cane sugar and Stevia In The Raw®, a wholesome sweetener option made from extracts of the stevia plant. Stevia In The Raw® Bakers Bag conveniently measures cup-for-cup with sugar and is a fab option for reducing sugar consumption. It works wonders in this recipe! As a tip, when baking with Stevia In The Raw®, it’s generally recommended to only replace half of the sugar to get the proper rising, browning and caramelizing that only good old sugar can provide.
Jeff and I polished off this batch in less than four days and I couldn’t wait to make them again. I think you’ll appreciate how quickly they came together and how awesome they taste for being so wholesome.
Muffin on, good souls!Print
Delicious, fluffy, 100% whole grain Lemon Blueberry Muffins bursting with bright lemon flavor! Moist, healthy, irresistible muffins the whole family will love.
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk + 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup Stevia In The Raw® Bakers Bag
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Zest of 2 large lemons
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a muffin pan.
- Place almond milk in a liquid measuring cup or bowl and stir in lemon juice. Set aside.
- Measure flour by spooning it into measuring cup and leveling with a knife, being careful not to pack it in. Place flour, Stevia In The Raw®, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl, stirring to combine. Stir in lemon zest and blueberries.
- Stir oil and vanilla into almond milk mixture. Pour into the dry ingredients, stirring just until combined, being careful not to over-mix.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them to the top. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until a fork comes out clean.
- Cool muffins in tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Store leftover muffins in an air-tight container on the counter.
This post is sponsored by In The Raw® sweeteners. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Hummusapien possible!