Loaded with eggs, beans, veggies, and potato puffs, these easy and tasty Southwestern Breakfast Bowls make the perfect healthy weekend breakfast! Gluten-free.
I’m on this real nice kick of whipping up super fun things at home that I’d typically only get at restaurants. Waffles. Eggy breakfast bowl things. Raisin challah toast. The drool!!
I’ve decided that life is too short to eat mundane breakfasts. Or any meal for that matter. That said, I’m also giving myself grace on the days when I feel like making a fancy breakfast about as much as I feel like sautéing my socks. I bought frozen waffles at the store for that very reason.
Meet yourself where you’re at. Treat yourself to a Cinnamon Roll Mocha or PB Banana Breakfast Pizza on Tuesday and on Friday when doing nothing sounds particularly delish, toast a freezer waffle and smile in gratitude that such a thing exists!!
These Southwestern Breakfast Bowls are the epitome of a fun breakfast in. We usually go out for brunch at least once if not twice on the weekends, but this past weekend I vowed to make something special on Sunday. You know how much I love a lot of different flavors and textures going on, and this recipe totally brings that love to life. Seasoned black beanies, fried eggs, crispy Four Potato Puffs (Dr. Praeger’s, you’re a genius), crunchy tortilla chips, creamy spicy aioli, sautéed veggies…can you even with this?
Be a bowl boss with me! You know you want to.
Be sure to check out Dr. Praeger’s Bowl Boss page and follow Dr. Praeger’s Instagram for a new bowl recipe every day in September PLUS the chance to win a $1,500+ prize pack with everything you’ll need to be a #BowlBoss!
I hope this bursting bowl of flavors and fairy dust inspires you soothe your soul with whatever it is in life you’re craving.
- 1-15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 package Dr. Praeger's Four Potato Puffs
- 2 eggs
- salsa, cilantro, sliced jalapeño, and tortilla chips for topping (optional)
- ¼ cup mayo (I used a vegan mayo)
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- Cook Four Potato Puffs in the oven according to package directions.
- Heat a small pot over medium heat. Add black beans. Stir in spices and heat until warmed through.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add peppers and onions. Saute for about 8 minutes, or until browned.
- While the veggies cook, make aioli by stirring together mayo, sriracha, Dijon, and honey in small bowl.
- Set veggies aside and wipe pan clean with a paper towel. Add a splash more oil and cook eggs to your liking.
- Assemble bowls by layering black beans, peppers and onions, potato puffs, and eggs. Drizzle with aioli and garnish with cilantro, salsa, jalapeño, and tortilla chips if desired.
This post is sponsored by Dr. Praeger’s. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Hummusapien possible!