This refreshing, naturally sweetened Watermelon Cucumber Mint Cocktail is just as delicious as it is healthy! Make a big batch for a relaxing evening with friends.
I made you a draaaaaaank!
Never have I ever posted a recipe with alcohol on the bloggy poo. It’s not that I don’t drink. It’s that I never make drinks at home. Kind of like how I never make ice cream at home. It’s a treat I like to leave to the experts.
But when you’ve got a bottle of Tito’s laying around, a bunch of mint growing right outside, boxes on boxes of Natural Delights medjool dates (remember my trip last year?!) begging to be made into date syrup, and watermelon in high season, you’ve got no other option! I mean clearly cucumber watermelon ice cream wasn’t happening.
I decided to try my hand at date syrup for a wholesome natural sweetener in this cooling cocktail and WOWZA—it’s my new best friend!
I literally just pitted ten dates, soaked them in hot water for a bit, then drained them and whizzed ’em up in the Nutribullet with a cup and a half of water. The result? A smooth, creamy, nutty, caramelicious natural sweetener just begging to meet a stack of pancakes, sweeten up a smoothie, etcetera etcetera. I’m curious to see how it’ll do as a substitute for maple syrup in baking!
If you’ve never made an adult bevvie in the comfort of your own home, don’t be intimidated. I hadn’t either! It’s so worth the teensy bit of extra effort. With naturally sweet watermelon, refreshing cucumber, tart lime, and cooling mint (excuse my obsessive use of descriptors), this cocktail really has it all.
I wrote this recipe to serve two, but I highly advise you double the recipe. And when I say double it, I obviously mean triple it.Print
Watermelon Cucumber Mint Cocktail
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
Sip on summer with this cool, refreshing, and healthy Watermelon Cucumber Mint Cocktail!
For the cocktail:
- 2 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled, de-seeded and sliced
- 10–12 leaves fresh mint
- 2 tbsp date syrup
- 2 1/2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup vodka
For the date syrup:
- 10 Natural Delights Medjool Dates, pitted and soaked
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Place pitted dates in a large bowl. Cover with very hot water and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop watermelon and cucumber.
- To make date syrup, first drain dates. Place dates and 1 1/2 cups clean water in a blender (I used my Nutribullet). Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into a glass jar or Tupperware and set aside.
- Place watermelon, cucumber, mint, and 2 tbsp date syrup in blender. Blend. Pour mixture through a fine mesh sieve and discard pulp.
- Add lime juice and vodka to strained juice mixture, stirring to combine.
- Fill glasses with ice and top with cocktail. Garnish with fresh mint.
Prep time does not include soaking dates.
@hummusapien on Instagram!Let me know by leaving a review or tagging
This post is written in partnership with Natural Delights Medjool Dates. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Hummusapien possible!