Truly the best Vegan and Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies, oh so soft, made in 1 bowl with wholesome ingredients, and no chilling!
I'm wholeheartedly bamboozled over how wonderful these cookies are. Like, all dietary preferences aside, they're just REALLY GOOD COOKIES at heart that happen to made with healthy stuff. Melt in your mouth, ooey gooey, super easy to make chocolate chip cookies.
I'm in love with a cookie! That's all there is to it.
How to make vegan gluten free cookies
The dough texture for these stellar vegan cookies is soft and mushy versus crumbly; that's normal!
- Make a flax egg in a mixing bowl (we'll use that bowl for everything).
- Whisk in wet ingredients--vanilla, coconut oil and coconut sugar.
- Mix in dry ingredients--almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Roll and BAKE!
What makes these cookies perfect
- Made in 1 bowl. What more could you need?!
- No chilling required. These are thick puffy clouds sans freezing. Hallelujah!
- Made with good-for-ya ingredients. Who would've guessed that almond and coconut flour plus coconut sugar would yield the most scrumptious result? The flavor of these is seriously STUPENDOUS! Ok, now I'm yelling.
- Flour: So sorry to say that there is not a good flour substitute here since gluten free flours are so finicky to work with. Stick with super fine blanched almond and coconut flour here and you'll be golden!
- Coconut oil: You can sub vegan butter.
- Coconut sugar: You can sub brown sugar, but coconut sugar actually adds these delish caramel notes that I really adore.
Are chocolate chips vegan?
Some are, but lots actually contain milk fat or butter fat, so read your ingredients carefully if that's important to you. I love Kirkland brand chocolate chips from Costco. Trader Joe's are also vegan and super affordable.
Enjoy Life is an allergy-free brand of chocolate chips that's another good option available.
How to freeze cookie dough
You can surely freeze cookie dough for cookies on demand! Freeze dough balls in an even layer and then transfer to a freezer-safe baggie. Bake cookies for 1-2 minutes more right from frozen.
More amazing vegan and gluten free treats
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Double Chocolate Cookies
- Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Banana Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
YOU'RE GONNA LOVE!Print
Truly the best Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies, oh so soft, made in 1 bowl with wholesome ingredients, and no chilling!
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flax and water in a large mixing bowl. Set aside to gel for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, melt coconut oil and set aside to cool.
- Add vanilla, coconut sugar, and coconut oil to flax mixture, whisking thoroughly to combine.
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda, stirring to combine with a rubber spatula. The texture will be soft and mushy. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to portion about 3 tbsp of batter onto cookie sheet, rolling into balls and placing about 2 inches apart. If you like flatter cookies, gently flatten with your hands as they won't spread much while baking. Bake for 12-14 minutes (12 minutes for more gooey, "under-done" cookies). Cool on a wire rack.
STORAGE: Store cookies the counter in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
FREEZE: You can also freeze dough balls in an even layer and then transfer to a freezer-safe baggie. Bake cookies for 1-2 minutes more right from frozen.
Keywords: vegan chocolate chip cookies, gluten free chocolate chip cookies, healthy chocolate chip cookies