The best 1 bowl Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies! These reader favorite healthy cookies are thick with crisp edges and pillowy soft middles studded with lots of chocolate chips. Everyone asks for the recipe! No chilling or mixer required. Just as tasty as the classic, you'd never guess they're lower in sugar and gluten free. Make a batch in 20 minutes!
These are my favorite cookies ever. I make them for everyone! I've been making chocolate chip cookies with almond flour for a long time now. Why, you ask?
Because almond flour is subtly sweet and legit makes everything taste like cake! We can't forget about these Healthy Snickerdoodles and Healthy Monster Cookies, both made with almond flour now can we?!
There is nothing the hubs and I cherish more than ending a long day with cookies on the couch, lying down with the plate balanced on our bellies.
- Almond flour: The base of our cookies! You want super fine blanched almond flour. I've tested these with Kirkland brand from Costco (the most affordable) and Bob's Red Mill Brand. It should be spooned and leveled, not packed. It will look all white with no flecks since almond flour doesn't have the skins. Don't use almond meal.
- Coconut flour: This is key for the chewy, amazing texture of the cookies. It works so well with the almond flour!
- Brown sugar: Brown sugar is my favorite here for the most authentic cookie flavor.
- Granulated sugar: I like to use turbinado sugar (raw sugar), but any white granulated sugar works to pair with the brown sugar for amazing cookies.
- Butter: For cookie flavor and amazing texture. I've tested with both unsalted and salted butter and they both work well.
- Egg: For structure and puffiness.
- Pure vanilla extract: You can't have chocolate chip cookies without vanilla!
- Baking soda: For rise.
- Salt: For balanced flavor. I like flaky salt sprinkled on top, too!
- Chocolate chips: I like semi-sweet best here.
See recipe card below for exact ingredient quantities.
Dietary swaps and substitutions
- Vegan almond flour chocolate cookies: Omit egg and use a flax egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseed whisked with 3 tbsp warm water and set aside to gel for 5 minutes). Use coconut oil or vegan butter. Or make my vegan and gluten free chocolate chip cookies!
- Sugar: You can use coconut sugar and turbinado sugar if you want unrefined options. I tested it both ways and they're a bit darker with coconut sugar.
How to make
Whisk almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
Add egg, melted butter, both sugars, vanilla and egg.
Mix to combine.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Roll into round balls, place on baking sheet, and gently flatten.
Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool and devour!
What's the texture like?
These grain free chocolate chip cookies get lightly browned along the edges helping to crisp them up but they're still more of a soft versus crispy cookie, especially the days after they're baked. I'm obsessed with the texture.
How to store
You can store leftover cookies on the counter in an air tight container for up to five days. They will get softer after the first day.
Can I freeze the dough and bake later?
Yes! Scoop the dough onto the cookie sheet, roll into balls, lightly flatten, and place in the freezer. Once frozen, transfer the dough to a baggie.
Bake from frozen and simply add a few minutes to the cooking time. Cookie dough lasts up to 3 months frozen.
More almond flour cookie recipes
Cookie on, sweet souls!Print
The best easy one bowl Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies! These reader favorite healthy cookies are thick with crisp edges and pillowy soft middles studded with lots of chocolate chips. Everyone asks for the recipe! No chilling or mixer required. Just as tasty as the classic, you'd never guess they're lower in sugar and gluten free. Make a batch in 20 minutes!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Melt butter (I do 20-second intervals in the microwave) and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add vanilla, egg, brown sugar, white sugar and slightly cooled butter. Stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop and roll dough into 12 balls. Place on sheet about 2 inches apart and gently flatten with hands as the cookies won't spread much while baking. Top with more chocolate chips and a sprinkle of flaky salt, if desired.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until golden on the edges. Cool pan on a wire rack and devour!
VEGAN: Use a flax egg and coconut oil or vegan butter.
Keywords: almond flour chocolate chip cookies