Truly the best Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies, oh so soft, made in 1 bowl with wholesome ingredients, and no chilling!
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flax and water in a large mixing bowl. Set aside to gel for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, melt coconut oil and set aside to cool.
- Add vanilla, coconut sugar, and coconut oil to flax mixture, whisking thoroughly to combine.
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda, stirring to combine with a rubber spatula. The texture will be soft and mushy. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to portion about 3 tbsp of batter onto cookie sheet, rolling into balls and placing about 2 inches apart. If you like flatter cookies, gently flatten with your hands as they won't spread much while baking. Bake for 12-14 minutes (12 minutes for more gooey, "under-done" cookies). Cool on a wire rack.
STORAGE: Store cookies the counter in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
FREEZE: You can also freeze dough balls in an even layer and then transfer to a freezer-safe baggie. Bake cookies for 1-2 minutes more right from frozen.
Keywords: vegan chocolate chip cookies, gluten free chocolate chip cookies, healthy chocolate chip cookies