The creamiest, most decadent and delicious vegan broccoli salad that comes together in just minutes! The perfect potluck dish. You’d never guess it was healthy and dairy-free!
I’m gonna go ahead and tell you that this quite possibly may be the only broccoli salad recipe your face will ever need.
And when I say quite possibly, I mean definitely. Because it’s…perfect. Did I just say that? I just said that.
Whether you do or don’t like chicken or bread or marshmallows or butterflies, I’m fairly certain you’ll love this salad.
I have vivid memories of my mom bringing home broccoli salad from the local market when I was in high school. It had oodles of mayonnaise and bacon and the like, and obviously, it tasted was good. Really good! I never considered making it at home until I bought grapes and broccoli at the same time a few days ago and it dawned on me.
JK. Cashews. And broccoli salad! Like the one I used to eat! Nostalgia at its finest.
I just knew I could achieve that same creamy decadence with cashews, and the dressing could not be simpler. Just blend up raw cashews with a splash of pure maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper.
I like the grapes for that little pop of flavor, but if you’re a traditionalist, raisins all the way. It really is one of those dishes that non-vegan folk would never in a gabillion years know was vegan. That’s totally fine in my book!
Now this may shock you, but photographing fruits and veggies coated in white cashew sauce is NOT easy. I stared at these pictures for a hot minute and wondered on a scale of one to seventeen how much I hated them.
Eighteen. Pushing twenty.
Luckily I love the flavor like a twelve on a scale of one to seven.
Lovin’ the ideas of more veggies in your diet? Check out my other recipes that are enriched in broccoli goodness:
- Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup
- Kale and Broccoli Salmon Burgers
- Broccoli & Mushroom Breakfast Strata
- Vegan Broccoli Cheeze Chickpea Burgers
- Creamy Vegan Broccoli Cauliflower Soup
Now, allow me to introduce you to the best vegan broccoli salad ever.Print
The creamiest, most delicious vegan broccoli salad with grapes, onion, almonds, and cranberries–the perfect potluck dish! You’d never guess it was completely vegan and gluten-free.
For the dressing:
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp mined garlic
- heaping 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the salad:
- 2 large broccoli crowns (florets only), finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups red grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup roasted salted almonds, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- Place cashews in a bowl. Cover with water and soak for 2 hours or overnight. If you have a Nutribullet or high speed blender, simply soak them in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Drain cashews. Add to blender with with rest of the dressing ingredients. Blend until completely smooth and creamy.
- Place broccoli, grapes, almonds, red onion, and dried cranberries in a medium or large mixing bowl. Add dressing and toss throughly to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chilled.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 255
- Sugar: 19g
- Sodium: 228mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg