The creamiest, most decadent and delicious vegan broccoli salad that comes together in just minutes! The perfect potluck dish. You’d never guess it was healthy and dairy-free!
I’m gonna go ahead and tell you that this quite possibly may be the only broccoli salad recipe your face will ever need.
And when I say quite possibly, I mean definitely. Because it’s…perfect. Did I just say that? I just said that.
Whether you do or don’t like chicken or bread or marshmallows or butterflies, I’m fairly certain you’ll love this salad.
I have vivid memories of my mom bringing home broccoli salad from the local market when I was in high school. It had oodles of mayonnaise and bacon and the like, and obviously it tasted was good. Really good! I never considered making it at home until I bought grapes and broccoli at the same time a few days ago and it dawned on me.
JK. Cashews. And broccoli salad! Like the one I used to eat! Nostalgia at its finest.
I just knew I could achieve that same creamy decadence with cashews, and the dressing could not be simpler. Just blend up raw cashews with a splash of pure maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. I like the grapes for that little pop of flavor, but if you’re a traditionalist, raisins all the way. It really is one of those dishes that non-vegan folk would never in a gabillion years know was vegan. That’s totally fine in my book!
Now this may shock you, but photographing fruits and veggies coated in white cashew sauce is NOT easy. I stared at these pictures for a hot minute and wondered on a scale of one to seventeen how much I hated them.
Eighteen. Pushing twenty.
Luckily I love the flavor like a twelve on a scale of one to seven.Print
The creamiest, most delicious vegan broccoli salad with grapes, onion, almonds, and cranberries–the perfect potluck dish! You’d never guess it was completely vegan and gluten-free.
For the dressing:
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp mined garlic
- heaping 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the salad:
- 2 large broccoli crowns (florets only), finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups red grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup roasted salted almonds, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- Place cashews in a bowl. Cover with water and soak for 2 hours or overnight. If you have a Nutribullet or high speed blender, simply soak them in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Drain cashews. Add to blender with with rest of the dressing ingredients. Blend until completely smooth and creamy.
- Place broccoli, grapes, almonds, red onion, and dried cranberries in a medium or large mixing bowl. Add dressing and toss throughly to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chilled.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 255
- Sugar: 19g
- Sodium: 228mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
[Tweet “Whip up this #Vegan Broccoli Salad for your next cookout! @TheHummusapien”]