Super easy, delicious, and healthy wild Kale Broccoli Salmon Burgers packed with flavor and veggies.
If you don’t have time to workout, just change your sheets. (We’ll get to the healthy salmon burgers later, don’t you worry).
I mean can you think of a worse feeling than coming home from a long day of eating all the food to find a sheet-less bed? No, no you cannot. Except when your socks fall off in your boots. That may be even more dreadful than a naked bed.
I enjoy putting clean sheets back on my bed about as much as I enjoy cleaning three-week-old green smoothie stains off the kitchen cabinets. Why is it so hard?! It’s exercise.
It’s guaranteed that my first three attempts at getting the fitted sheet on all four corners correctly will fail. Then I’ll actually consider that the fitted sheet doesn’t fit, even though I sleep on it every night. IF IT WOULD JUST COVER THE CORNER COMPLETELY.
I always get really sweaty. At first I snuggle my nose in the sheets and appreciate the warm lavenderness that is their token aroma, but ten seconds later I’m perspiring over the thought of having to actually clothe the bed with then.
You’d think I would have back up sheets. I do not have back up sheets. My birthday is May 8th.
So what does changing my sheets have to do with veggie-packed salmon burgers? Absolutely nothing, except that I love these guys as much as I hate my sheets. That’s a lotta love!
Maybe you should whip these healthy salmon burgers up while your sheets are in the drier so you’ll be in an extra good mood when it’s time to put them on your bed.
The sheets, not the salmon burgers.Print
Kale and Broccoli Salmon Burgers
Super easy and delicious wild salmon burgers packed with superfood veggies.
- Prep Time: 45 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 5 1x
- Category: Entree
- 1–15oz can wild salmon, drained + skin and bones removed
- 1/2 cup almond meal (or old-fashioned oats or breadcrumbs)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup very finely chopped kale (stems removed)
- 1/2 cup very finely chopped broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley (optional)
- Place drained salmon in a large bowl (I remove the skin and bones, but that’s optional).
- Add eggs, almond meal, lemon juice, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Add in chopped veggies. Be sure they are chopped into tiny pieces because the burgers will fall apart if there are large chunks. Mix well (I used my hands).
- Form into 5 tightly-packed patties. Place on a plate lined with foil or parchment paper and refrigerate for at least thirty minutes.
- Once refrigerated, heat a large skillet sprayed with oil over medium heat. Once hot, add burgers. Cook for 5-7 minutes per side, or until browned.