The creamiest, most delicious vegan broccoli salad with grapes, onion, almonds, and cranberries--the perfect potluck dish! You'd never guess it was completely vegan and gluten-free.
For the dressing:
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- heaping 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the salad:
- 2 large broccoli crowns (florets only), finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups red grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup roasted salted almonds, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- Place cashews in a bowl. Cover with water and soak for 2 hours or overnight. If you have a Nutribullet or high speed blender, simply soak them in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Drain cashews. Add to blender with with rest of the dressing ingredients. Blend until completely smooth and creamy.
- Place broccoli, grapes, almonds, red onion, and dried cranberries in a medium or large mixing bowl. Add dressing and toss thoroughly to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve chilled.