Healthy Pumpkin Pie Smoothie that tastes like classic pumpkin pie in a glass! Naturally sweetened and packed with fiber.
I made a pumpkin pie last year and it was...okay.
Like, not the best pie I've ever laid mouth on. Certainly no apple crumb pie! I shall attempt to master a pumpkin pie again this year when Thanksgiving rolls around but in the interim, we mustn't be without pumpkin.
Enter my celeb status pumpkin pie smoothie. *Slow clap.* It attracts crowds from near and afar at our restaurants each autumn, so much so that we almost started it early this year. Almost!
This insanely creamy and divinely spiced blend is just begging to be your breakfast. Your snack. Your dessert. I don't even wait till fall starts to make this recipe! Indeed, I always have pumpkin puree adorning my pantry for when the craving strikes.
Key ingredients and tips
All you need is five minutes and a blender to get cozy, dears!
- Pumpkin: Good old caned pumpkin puree is perfection here, not pumpkin pie filling. Make pumpkin muffins or pumpkin bread with leftover pumpkin!
- Frozen banana: For creaminess and thicccckkk texture. If you only have fresh banana, you can use that and add a few ice cubes.
- Non dairy milk: I like unsweetened vanilla almond but oat, soy, cashew or whatever you have on hand would be delightful.
- Almond butter: This adds creaminess, richness, and smooth mouthful. Fat is your friend! A handful of walnuts, pecans, or cashews would also be great here.
- Pumpkin pie spice: Because it's so easy! You could sub ¾ teaspoon cinnamon + ¼ teaspoon ginger, allspice, cloves, nutmeg, or a pinch of any of those. Whatever you have, it'll taste delish.
Fun flavor variations
Lookin' to spice it up? I've got a few tricks up my sleeve. Lately subbing in some coffee (or cold brew) is my go-to. Anyone else?
- Pumpkin spice latte: Sub brewed, chilled coffee for half or all the liquid. You could also add a splash of cold brew!
- Higher protein + lower sugar: Omit dates and add 1 scoop chocolate protein powder. You could also swap the banana for frozen cauliflower!
- Green pumpkin pie: Make your body SING with a handful of baby spinach.
IT'S WHIPPED CREAM SEASON!
- Coco whip: store bought or make your own by whipping full fat coconut milk!
- Granola: I love the crunch of sweet and salty.
- Cereal: Again...crunch is everything. Nature' Path Heritage Flakes are my fave right now.
- Nut butter drizzle: Mmmmm a swirl of almond butter on top is so fab.
More pumpkin recipes to fall for
- Fluffy Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
- Flourless Pumpkin Bread
- Healthy Pumpkin Bars
- Pumpkin Pie Bars with Pecan Cookie Crust
And if you prefer your smoothies in a bowl with crunchy toppings, you know I gotchu. Sink your chompers into the smoothie bowl version of this delight---my pumpkin pie smoothie bowl, mmhmm.
Getcha chunky knit sweater and slurrrrrppppp!Print
A creamy, healthy Pumpkin Pie Smoothie that tastes like classic pumpkin pie in a glass! Naturally sweetened for an irresistibly delish breakfast.
- Place all ingredients in a blender (I used a Nutribullet) and blend until smooth and creamy. Devour!
- Pumpkin spice latte: sub brewed, chilled coffee for half or all the liquid.
- Higher protein + lower sugar: omit dates and add 1 scoop chocolate protein powder. You could also swap the banana for frozen cauliflower!
- If you don't have pumpkin pie spice, you can sub ¾ teaspoon cinnamon + ¼ teaspoon ginger, allspice, cloves, nutmeg, or a pinch of any of those.
Keywords: pumpkin pie smoothie
Photos by The Nutritious Kitchen.