Fresh and flavorful Mediterranean Vegetable Pasta with Chickpeas is a delicious one-pot-meal on the table in under twenty minutes! Recipe in partnership with the new premium Italian Vero Gusto sauces by Barilla.
Pasta, pasta, read all about it!
I'm on a total pasta kick thanks to Vero Gusto, Barilla's new sauce line that's basically turning me into Giada De Laurentiis. I'm kind of a pasta extraordinaire now. You're just going to have to eat it to believe it.
First it was Lasagna Soup (OMG, tell me you've tried it) and now it's this masterpiece of a one-pot-wonder meal.
I'm all about the meals where your veg, protein, and fat are all in the same place. Today's Mediterranean Vegetable Pasta is not only crazy satisfying, but it also couldn't be simpler to make.
Cook pasta. Add chickpeas, artichokes, olives, parsley, spinach, and sauce. Would ya look at that? Dinner is done in under twenty minutes flat.
The magic is in the sauce.
I love pasta because it's such an approachable dinner option that can still taste like it came from a restaurant. You can totally put your own spin on the flavors and it always makes fantastic leftovers.
We're building mega flavor in this recipe with the new Vero Gusto line of one-of-a-kind Italian sauces. The sauce is the reason you can make such a simple pasta dish taste like you're dining on a patio in Capri. Promise me you won't go using any old sauce in this recipe!
The four varieties each have special ingredients native to the region where they are grown, including Datterini Tomato, Sicilian Herb, Calabrian Pepper and Genovese Basil. Today we're using the Sicilian Herb sauce, which pairs wonderfully with the olives, artichokes, and feta.
Sourced with top notch Italian-grown ingredients, it's crafted like a homemade sauce with a sauté start and slow simmer finish. It has zero added sugar, water, or tomato paste. No compromise on quality here!
Notice that extra virgin olive oil is near the top of the ingredient list? That's the secret to amazingly rich tasting sauce.
Ideas for delish add-ins:
The sky is the limit when it comes to boosting this dish. If you're a meat eater, add grilled chicken or shrimp. If you love mozzarella, go for that instead of feta. If you're not an olive fan, capers would make a great substitute.
Add sautéed mushrooms, peppers, or broccoli if you want to up the veggie profile. I added chickpeas for texture and to have another protein punch, but lentils or some bean balls would also be lovely.
Is Mediterranean pasta gluten-free?
Yes, as long as you use gluten-free pasta, because the Vero Gusto sauce is already gluten-free! I made this recipe with this gluten-free pasta and it came out fabulous. The texture of the pasta is perfect---not at all mushy and no whole grain taste.
This recipe is vegetarian thanks to the feta, but you can totally leave it out if you want it to be vegan.
I have a feeling you’re going to adore this Mediterranean Vegetable Pasta with Vero Gusto. If you make it, please let me know by leaving a comment and star rating. I’m so grateful for your feedback!Print
Fresh and flavorful Mediterranean Vegetable Pasta with Chickpeas is a one-pot-meal on the table in under twenty minutes! Vegetarian and easily gluten-free.
- 12 oz whole grain fusili pasta (love it with this gluten-free pasta)
- 1 (14.5oz) can brined artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (14.5oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup kalamata olives, chopped (can sub capers)
- ½ cup crumbled feta (omit for vegan)
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 (20oz) jar Vero Gusto by Barilla Sicilian Herb Sauce
- Bing a large pot of water to a boil. Add a big pinch of kosher salt and pasta and cook until al dente. Set aside about a cup of the pasta water before draining.
- Drain pasta and return to pot. Stir in artichokes, chickpeas, olives, feta, parsley and spinach.
- Add sauce and ½ cup of the reserved pasta water and stir to combine. Serve warm, garnished with more parsley and feta. (Feel free to add more pasta water if necessary to loosen.)