Fresh and flavorful Mediterranean Vegetable Pasta with Chickpeas is a one-pot-meal on the table in under twenty minutes! Vegetarian and easily gluten-free.
- 12 oz whole grain fusili pasta (love it with this gluten-free pasta)
- 1 (14.5oz) can brined artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (14.5oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, chopped (can sub capers)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta (omit for vegan)
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 (20oz) jar Vero Gusto by Barilla Sicilian Herb Sauce
- Bing a large pot of water to a boil. Add a big pinch of kosher salt and pasta and cook until al dente. Set aside about a cup of the pasta water before draining.
- Drain pasta and return to pot. Stir in artichokes, chickpeas, olives, feta, parsley and spinach.
- Add sauce and 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water and stir to combine. Serve warm, garnished with more parsley and feta. (Feel free to add more pasta water if necessary to loosen.)