These easy Banana Zucchini Cake Cookies are so soft and pillowy that you’d never guess were healthy! In addition to being vegan and gluten-free, that also have zero oil, butter, and refined sugar. With only 87 calories per cookie, enjoy a couple for breakfast or as a healthy snack!
Holy magical dreamland of the most foodgasmical fairy cookies that were ever birthed!!
I wasn’t really sure where this recipe was going. I was sick of making muffins. I never intended Hummusapien to be a muffin blog, you see.
The only is thing I knew for sure was that I had a boatload of organic coconut flour, almond flour, and flaxseed meal from my besties at Bob’s Red Mill. In an effort to not over-muffin myself, I mixed a little bit of this and a little bit of that, formed them into the cutest round blobs, and prayed to the baking gods that they would come out cookie-looking and not hockey puck-tasting. Easier said than done!
Welp, my prayers were answered. They actually exceeded my wildest cookie monster expectations! These Flourless Banana Zucchini Cake Cookie gems are kind of a cross between a cookie, a piece of cake, and a muffin top. They’re super soft, moist and pillowy. I find that whenever I use primarily coconut flour, they come out tasting like cake. Exhibit A—My Lemon Coconut No-Bake Bites. #CAKECAKECAKE
I packed a couple of these every day as a snack until they were gone, which brought me to tears. It was painful waiting for the bananas to ripen enough to make another batch. First world problems.
I know from experience that these make a stellar grab-and-go breakfast and would even pass as dessert with a chilly glass of almond milk. I kept them in the fridge since they’re so moist and actually preferred them cold. Hudathunkit?
I’m already thinking about a dreamy pumpkin version for Fall which is like, tomorrow. While I’m super sad to be preparing my goodbyes to zucchini, I’m equally as excited to welcome all things apple, cinnamon, pumpkin, and gingerbread. Good thing I already have five cans of pumpkin in the pantry from last year. Hi, I’m Hummus and I hoard pumpkin.
Until then, lettuce relish in the goodness that is summer, sunshine, swimming pools, and zucchini.
Lettuce celebrate the near end of an era—that is the hottest summer there ever was in my 26 years of memory. Lettuce celebrate with none other than Flourless Banana Zucchini Cake Cookies suitable for any and all veganglutenfreepaleo mouths !!Print
Flourless Banana Zucchini Cake Cookies
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 23 mins
- Total Time: 33 mins
- Yield: 14 1x
- Category: Dessert, Snack
These easy Banana Zucchini Cake Cookies are so soft and pillowy that you’d never guess they were healthy! In addition to being vegan, paleo, and gluten-free, that also have zero oil, butter, and refined sugar. Enjoy a couple for breakfast or as a healthy snack!
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill almond flour
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp Bob’s Red Mill flaxseed meal
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 medium overripe bananas (the riper the better)
- 1 cup grated zucchini (don’t squeeze water out)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, a Silipat, or spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, flax, shredded coconut, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In another medium bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Stir in shredded zucchini and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until combined. Form round, golf-ball sized balls of dough and spread evenly on baking sheet. Pat each cookie down lightly with fingers since they will not spread in the oven.
- Bake for about 23 minutes. Remove from oven and place baking sheet on a cooling rack. I topped mine with additional coconut when they came out of the oven.Cool completely before removing from pan. Store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 87
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 164mg
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
@hummusapien on Instagram!Let me know by leaving a review or tagging
[Tweet “Treat yourself with these Flourless Banana Zucchini Cake Cookies via @TheHummusapien”]
This post is sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Hummusapien possible!