This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Burt's Bees™. The opinions and text are all mine.
These tasty dairy-free and gluten-free Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal Cups make a great portable breakfast (kid-friendly, too!). They're packed with plant protein, whole grain oats, and lots of warming flavor.
The bestest muffins in all of Muffinland have been birthed!!
This is so serious, you guys. You know there have been a whoooooole lot of baked oatmeal cups on the blog, from the mega popular Banana Zucchini ones to Chocolate Peanut Butter and Roasted Strawberry. But these...THESE.
I'm like a cartoon character with my tongue permanently hanging out, all googly-eyed and whatnot. I'm straight up in love. With a muffin.
It's like oatmeal meets apple pie meets moist muffin mania. These Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal Cups are just sweet enough to be totally satisfying and so ridiculously moist (so sorry for using that word not once but twice in the same paragraph) that it seems next to impossible that they're oil and butter-free. But they so are!
This is whole grain, dairy-free, and gluten-free snack perfection right here, party people. You're never going to look at oatmeal the same way again. Who needs a bowl? Who needs a spoon?!
Remember the Chocolate Gingerbread Protein Smoothie from last week? Same deal. Burt's Bees brand spankin' new protein formula is made from peas, brown rice, flaxseeds, oats and sunflower seeds for a super duper complete essential amino acid profile. Aaaaand it gets even better! Besides the fact that it tastes legitimately amazing and has zero gritty texture, it's also made with non-GMO and 70% organic ingredients. No dairy, soy, gluten, artificial sweeteners or flavors to be found. I approve.
I've been using it in smoothies galore, but you know I'm a sucker for sneaking a scoop of plant protein into my snacks. No one even has to knowwwwww.
I used the Burt’s Bees™ Protein + Gut Health in Vanilla in this batch o' muffins because it contains prebiotics and GanedenBC30® probiotics to help support your digestive health as part of a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle. As you very well know, probiotics are pretty much everythang these days.
It's been fun, apple pie. There's a new gal in town!!Print
These tasty dairy-free and gluten-free Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal Cups make a great portable breakfast (kid-friendly, too!). They're packed with plant protein, whole grain oats, and lots of fall flavor.
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup cashew butter (or almond butter)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 scoop Burt's Bee's™ Protein + Gut Health (or vanilla plant-based protein powder)
- 2 ½ cups old fashioned oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 large apple, diced small
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together flaxseed and water and set aside to gel.
- Place banana in a large bowl and mash with fork. Add applesauce, almond milk, cashew butter butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract and stir until well mixed. Stir in flaxseed mixture.
- Add protein powder, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Stir until combined, being careful not to over-mix.
- Fold in diced apple.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin tin, filling the tins to the very top. Do not press batter down. Bake for 25-27 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan on a wire rack. Once completely cool, store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.