These tasty dairy-free and gluten-free Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal Cups make a great portable breakfast (kid-friendly, too!). They’re packed with plant protein, whole grain oats, and lots of fall flavor.
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup cashew butter (or almond butter)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 scoop Burt’s Bee’s™ Protein + Gut Health (or vanilla plant-based protein powder)
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large apple, diced small
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together flaxseed and water and set aside to gel.
- Place banana in a large bowl and mash with fork. Add applesauce, almond milk, cashew butter butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract and stir until well mixed. Stir in flaxseed mixture.
- Add protein powder, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Stir until combined, being careful not to over-mix.
- Fold in diced apple.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin tin, filling the tins to the very top. Do not press batter down. Bake for 25-27 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan on a wire rack. Once completely cool, store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.