Easy Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins are a tasty, healthy on-the-go breakfast! Made with oats, applesauce, peanut butter, maple syrup and cinnamon. Make a batch for busy mornings!
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened vanilla almond)
- 1/4 cup natural salted peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt (use 1/2 tsp if peanut butter is not salted)
- 1 medium apple, diced small
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add applesauce, almond milk, peanut butter, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla extract and stir until well mixed.
- Add oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Stir until combined, being careful not to over-mix. Fold in diced apple.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin tin, filling the tins to the very top. Bake for 25-27 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. Let cups cool for at least 15 minutes before carefully transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
VEGAN: Sub a flax or chia egg.
Keywords: applesauce oatmeal muffins