Sooooo about this foodgasmic treat I have for you today… It’s kind of perfect. Loaded with oats, coconut, walnuts, pepitas, almonds and chia seeds, it’s definitely not your typical iactikeimhealthybutimnot granola deal. It’s actually healthy. It’s actually easy to make. It actually tastes legit. took my favorite easy homemade granola recipe and added walnuts, freeze dried bananas, and (duh) coconut to make the most fragrant, delish banana-y granola EVER. Then I figured I would try to use a spoonful of applesauce in place of one of the tablespoons of coconut oil to see if I would notice a diff in taste. And guess what? I didn’t! I It seriously makes your house (or apartment) smell like granola heaven. Like, I wanna bottle it and spray it all over my neck. Mmmmmmm. I hope when I die I go wanna go to granola heaven. So with only a tablespoon of oil and a quarter cup of innocent honey, you can feel all sorts of warm and fuzzy when you eat this. Remember my list of 12 healthy snacks to conquer your snack attack? Make it 13. A word about the freeze dried bananas–you cannot use regular nanners for this recipe. I got mine at Trader Joe’s and I use them all.the.time. They have the most fabulous and unique flavor and crunch plus all the sweetness (and more) of regular bananas. They don’t have any added sugar, but since they’re so naturally sweet, I love adding them to cereal. I’ve been doing a DIY cereal of rolled oats, Uncle Ben’s whole-grain cereal, flax, chia, cinnamon and freeze dried bananas + almond milk and it’s AMAZEEEEE. I’ll be blogging about that baby soon for sure. You can definitely switch up the nut ratios in this recipe. Feel free to use whatever nuts you have on hand. I love the way walnuts pair with the bananas and cinnamon, so keep those in there. Eat it on yogurt, in cereal, or my personal fave…..with ice cold vanilla almond milk and a very large spoon.
Lightened-Up Banana Coconut GranolaPrint
Lightened-Up Banana Coconut Granola
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 3.5 cups 1x
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pepitas (raw pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped freeze dried bananas
- Pre-heat oven to 275 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (oats through salt).
- In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, combine honey, coconut oil and applesauce. Microwave for about 20 seconds or until oil has melted. Add vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Pour wet mixture over dry mixture and stir to combine. Fold in freeze dried bananas.
- Spread granola onto a sprayed baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Store in an air tight container or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
@hummusapien on Instagram!Let me know by leaving a review or tagging