TBM. Tomato, basil, mozz. It’s good on allll the things. Pizza. Sammies. Salad. Muffins.
In honor of going down to Cincinnati again today to chat about possible careers opportunities with Simple Truth, I thought I’d share another one of my fave recipes from the ones I created for them this winter. They come together super fast, taste like heaven, and are a fabulous way to sneak in more quinoa throughout the day. You know I’m all about the whole food snacks, yo!
Because we could all use a little more quinoa in our lives. And TBM.
Surely you know my gal pal the Bean, who just so happened announced the upcoming arrival of #babybean! Seeing as Lindsay is a tad bit busy being nauseous and eating bottomless PB&J’s, I jumped all over the opportunity post these bad boys over on her amazing bloggy, The Lean Green Bean.
If you’re looking for an adorable bite-sized party app, you can also bake these in a mini muffin tin for about 20 minutes. Then you’ll have 24 babies instead of 12 mamas, which is amazing because eating more than one is always more fun, right?
Right. Head on over to The Lean Green Bean for the recipe!Print
Tomato, Basil and Mozzarella Quinoa Muffins
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Appetizer
These gluten-free, savory cheesy quinoa muffins are loaded with fresh tomato and basil for the perfect party appetizer or nutritious snack!
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup vegetable broth (or water*)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2–3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (about 2 medium Roma tomatoes)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin liberally with cooking spray. You could also use a mini muffin tin and adjust the cooking time to 20 minutes.
- In a medium pot, bring vegetable broth and quinoa to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes (or until all the liquid is absorbed).
- Dump cooked quinoa into a bowl and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, stir together beaten eggs, almond meal, cheeses, garlic and salt. Add in cooled quinoa and stir to combine. Fold in tomatoes and basil.
- Spoon batter evenly into muffin tin. Bake for about 25 minutes. Allow muffins to cool in pan for at least 20 minutes before carefully removing them from tin.
- Serve warm.
@hummusapien on Instagram!Let me know by leaving a review or tagging