These gluten-free, savory cheesy quinoa muffins are loaded with fresh tomato and basil for the perfect party appetizer or nutritious snack!
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup vegetable broth (or water*)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (about 2 medium Roma tomatoes)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin liberally with cooking spray. You could also use a mini muffin tin and adjust the cooking time to 20 minutes.
- In a medium pot, bring vegetable broth and quinoa to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes (or until all the liquid is absorbed).
- Dump cooked quinoa into a bowl and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, stir together beaten eggs, almond meal, cheeses, garlic and salt. Add in cooled quinoa and stir to combine. Fold in tomatoes and basil.
- Spoon batter evenly into muffin tin. Bake for about 25 minutes. Allow muffins to cool in pan for at least 20 minutes before carefully removing them from tin.
- Serve warm.