Change the tofu game with these delicious Zesty Sheet Pan Tofu Tacos with Peach Kale Slaw! A fresh, flavorful, wholesome plant-powered meal the entire family will devour. Vegan + gluten-free.
I’m in a serious relationship with tacos. Today I’m partnering with ALDI to share the best summery tofu taco recipe in all the land!
My love affair with tacos isn’t complicated. We just get each other. I love that tacos are casual, approachable, often served with tequila (mmm Mezcal!), chips and salsa and best friends. Going out for tacos is synonymous with FUN. And so is cooking them right at home!
The go-to taco recipe in our hummus household is my chickpea pecan taco meat piled high with every topping known to man, like avocado, hot sauce, cabbage slaw, salsa, jalapeños, and cilantro. No toppings are left behind. I love serving them in crunchy blue corn shells, but lately I’ve been craving a change—something summery and fresh. And here we are!
I rarely see tofu tacos on restaurant menus. The veg option is usually beans. And while I love beans immensely, ya gotta keep it exciting. I love these Zesty Sheet Pan Tofu Tacos for a zillion reasons, but mostly because you bake everything on one pan and can whip up the peach kale slaw and warm the tortillas while the tofu bakes into crispy chewy glory.
Now have you ever had peaches in cabbage slaw? Or kale? How fun is this?! The addition of peaches to the slaw was only because I had a zillion leftover peaches in the fridge that needed using but let me tell you, it was THE most beautiful accident. And when it’s fall or winter, you can swap out the peach for a pear or apple!
Now you guys know how much I adore ALDI. Their products have so much quality at a fraction of the price of other grocery stores. So when I heard they had a brand spankin’ new vegetarian and vegan line of affordable products called Earth Grown in support of plant-forward eating, you can imagine my excitement! They now have Meatless Meatballs, Vegetable Potstickers (both available for a limited time), Lentil Veggie Burgers, Thai Veggie Burgers, , and more. ALDI is also continuing to expand organic options in their organic product lines including the SimplyNature Earth Grown Organic Tofu, and SimplyNature Organic Salsa, Apple Cider Vinegar, and Chopped Kale used in this tofu taco recipe.
Let’s chat about a few important notes for this Sheet Pan Tofu Tacos recipe. Tofu is packed in water, so the more water you get out, the more flavor can come in. I’ve been using a tofu press for years, but if you don’t have one, just wrap to the tofu in a dish towel and use a few cookbooks to get the water out. Try pressing it for 30 minutes and replacing the towel halfway through. If you have time to marinate the tofu in the spice mixture, do it! The longer it sits, the more flavorful it’ll be.
Try pressing it for 30 minutes and replacing the towel halfway through. If you have time to marinate the tofu in the spice mixture, do it! The longer it sits the more flavorful it’ll be.
If you have a huge sheet pan, feel free to increase the veggies. I only had room for two peppers as you don’t want everything to touch. That leads to steaming versus roasting, and browning is what we want here! Lastly, the toppings are everything. I highly recommend serving these tacos with sliced jalapeños, salsa, and guacamole. The ALDI-exclusive Little Salad Bar Fresh Guacamole made with Hass avocados is the bomb. It comes as no surprise that it won the Product of the Year Award*!
I love that ALDI is helping us say yes to creating healthier, long-term habits versus focusing on so many unrealistic no’s that make the diet industry what it is today. Healthy eating goals like no bread, no fried food, no eating out, and no desserts are unattainable. Say yes to small changes, like more produce. Say yes to shopping trips on a budget. Say yes to planning meals to try new flavors. Say yes to on-the-go options that are good for you. Say yes to less stress about healthier eating. Head to your local ALDI (visit the store locator here) and snag everything you need and more for these plant-powered Sheet Pan Tofu Tacos!
And don’t you dare forget the guacamole.Print
Sheet Pan Tofu Tacos with Kale Cabbage Slaw
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 3 1x
- Category: Main Meal
Change the tofu game with these delicious Zesty Sheet Pan Tofu Tacos with Peach Kale Slaw! A fresh, flavorful, wholesome meal the entire family will devour. Vegan + gluten-free.
For the tofu tacos:
- 1–15.5oz pkg Earth Grown Organic Extra Firm Tofu, drained and pressed
- 1 tbsp Carlini Grapeseed Oil (or high heat oil of choice)
- 2 tbsp Nature’s Nectar Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Fusia Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce (sub tamari for gluten-free)
- 2 tsp Stonemill Chili Powder
- 2 tsp SimplyNature Organic Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp Stonemill Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Baker’s Corner Cornstarch (or arrowroot/tapioca starch)
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- Small corn tortillas, for serving
For the slaw:
- 1 cup packed and finely shredded SimplyNature Organic Chopped Kale, finely chopped
- 2 cups packed and finely shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 ripe peach, thinly sliced (can sub pear/apple seasonally)
- 1/4 tsp Stonemill Sea Salt, more to taste
- 1 tbsp SimplyNature Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (or lime juice)
- SimpleNature Organic Salsa
- Sliced jalapenos
- Little Salad Bar Guacamole (or avocado)
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Cut pressed tofu into 1-inch squares. In a medium bowl, stir together oil, lime juice, soy sauce, spices, salt, and cornstarch. Add tofu and stir to coat. Let sit for 10 minutes while oven preheats.
- Meanwhile, make slaw by placing kale and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl. Use your hands to massage kale until softened. Add cabbage, cilantro, peach, another pinch of salt, and apple cider vinegar, tossing to combine. Set aside.
- Place tofu, peppers, and onion in a single layer on baking sheet. Spray everything with cooking spray and season peppers and onions with salt and pepper. Bake for 35 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- To serve, layer the tofu, peppers and onions, slaw, and optional salsa and guacamole in warmed tortillas.
@hummusapien on Instagram!Let me know by leaving a review or tagging
*Based on a survey of 40,000 American shoppers by global research agency Kantar TNS