Change the tofu game with these delicious Zesty Sheet Pan Tofu Tacos with Peach Kale Slaw! A fresh, flavorful, wholesome meal the entire family will devour. Vegan + gluten-free.
For the tofu tacos:
- 1–15.5oz pkg Earth Grown Organic Extra Firm Tofu, drained and pressed
- 1 tbsp Carlini Grapeseed Oil (or high heat oil of choice)
- 2 tbsp Nature’s Nectar Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Fusia Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce (sub tamari for gluten-free)
- 2 tsp Stonemill Chili Powder
- 2 tsp SimplyNature Organic Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp Stonemill Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Baker’s Corner Cornstarch (or arrowroot/tapioca starch)
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- Small corn tortillas, for serving
For the slaw:
- 1 cup packed and finely shredded SimplyNature Organic Chopped Kale, finely chopped
- 2 cups packed and finely shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 ripe peach, thinly sliced (can sub pear/apple seasonally)
- 1/4 tsp Stonemill Sea Salt, more to taste
- 1 tbsp SimplyNature Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (or lime juice)
- SimpleNature Organic Salsa
- Sliced jalapenos
- Little Salad Bar Guacamole (or avocado)
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Cut pressed tofu into 1-inch squares. In a medium bowl, stir together oil, lime juice, soy sauce, spices, salt, and cornstarch. Add tofu and stir to coat. Let sit for 10 minutes while oven preheats.
- Meanwhile, make slaw by placing kale and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl. Use your hands to massage kale until softened. Add cabbage, cilantro, peach, another pinch of salt, and apple cider vinegar, tossing to combine. Set aside.
- Place tofu, peppers, and onion in a single layer on baking sheet. Spray everything with cooking spray and season peppers and onions with salt and pepper. Bake for 35 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- To serve, layer the tofu, peppers and onions, slaw, and optional salsa and guacamole in warmed tortillas.