The time is upon us in which the great pumpkin obsession swiftly transforms into the great peppermint obsession.
It’s normal. November becomes December. Fall becomes winter. Pumpkin becomes peppermint. You know and love these things.
It’s time for another edition of the #MakeYourMove campaign I’m participating in with Kohl’s! I promised to deliver easy, delish, plant-based recipes that the whole fam will adore and this holiday recipe does NOT disappoint. Let’s get into it!
I have a wild crazy beautiful love affair with these Lemon Coconut and Pumpkin Protein No-Bake Bites. They’re moist and perfect and dreamy and begging to be introduced to their chocolatey cousin. Because everyone needs a chocolate cousin, no? I get asked fairly often about which cacao I use. I buy this one from Amazon in bulk because it’s raw and organic and humbelievable and for those reasons and more, I literally use it every single day (usually in the form of this blueberry cacao smoothie, duh).
So why do I put cacao in nearly everything? Welp, in short, cacoa is a dream superfood. I’m like a walking cacao advertisement. It’s oozing with mood-boosting flavanols that give you the warm and fuzzies, quite literally.
To make cacao, hand-selected Peruvian cacao beans are milled at low temperature and separated from the cacao butter without the use of any harsh chemicals or solvents, thus protecting the precious nutrients, antioxidants, and flavah flaves. Cacao is one of the best sourcest of age-defying and disease-fighting antioxidants out there. It’s also a good source of theobromine, a bioactive compound that improves blood flow. Plants are amazing, aren’t they?
It also tastes incredible. I always accidentally but totally on purpose spill some on my fingers so I can lick it off. Not ashamed.
Back to the bite babies! This Cuisinart 8-cup food processor is one of my favorite kitchen appliances and it’s essential for this recipe in order to process the dates. I use it all the time for no-bake bites, veggie burgers, sauces, and more. It will be your best bud in the kitch in no time, guaranteed. I store these bites in my beloved glass pyrex Tupperware. If you use your finger to scoop out the batter, try using this soft grip spatula instead. It’s everything. You can refrigerate them or make a double batch and freeze leftovers.
Even though there may not be any.
Step aside, peppermint crinkle cookies. I double chickpea dare you to serve these bad boys at your next holiday party. But zero judgements if you want to make a triple batch and hoard them all for yourself.Print
Peppermint Chocolate No-Bake Bites
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 15 1x
- Category: Muffins, Bites and Bars
These chocolate peppermint bites are moist, delicious, and healthy–high in fiber and protein, low in fat, and perfect for the holiday season! Paleo (non-protein version) and vegan-friendly.
For the protein powder version:
- 9 Medjool dates, pitted (place in bowl of warm water first if hard and dry)
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup + 2–3 tbsp almond milk
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- ½ cup coconut flour (I used Trader Joe’s brand)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 scoop (30g) vanilla brown rice protein powder (I like Vega Vanilla Protein + Greens)
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs or chocolate chips (optional)
For the non-protein powder (paleo) version:
- Place dates, applesauce, almond milk, vanilla, and peppermint in a large food processor. Blend until pureed, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add coconut flour, brown rice protein (is using first recipe), and cacao powder. Blend until a ball of “dough” forms.It should look moist, not crumbly. If it’s too wet, add a bit more coconut flour. If it’s too dry, add a bit more almond milk.
- Stir in cacao nibs. Roll into about 15 bites.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
@hummusapien on Instagram!Let me know by leaving a review or tagging
[Tweet “You need these #Vegan Peppermint Chocolate No-Bake Bites via @TheHummusapien! #ad #MakeYourMove @kohls”]
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of Kohl’s.