No Bake Mint Chocolate Energy Bites with the best texture! One bowl (no food processor), packed with protein and low in sugar for an amazing healthy snack.
Wouldya look at these cuties? Simply bursting with chocolate heaven and minty freshness. Such a divine combination, truly.
This recipe stemmed from my matcha cookie bites. The cool thing about these gems is that you can swap the nut butters and extracts to make whatever flavor profile your little heart desires!
Ditch the cashew butter for peanut and the peppermint extract for vanilla and BOOM, buckeye balls. Magic!
Ingredient tips and substitutions
- Almond flour: Ideal for sweet flavor and moist texture. You want super fine blanched, not almond meal (which has the skins). Don’t swap out the flours as you won’t get the same results.
- Oat flour: Another favorite gluten free flour of mine, I love the cookie-like flavor it adds. You can also make your own by grinding old-fashioned oats in the Nutribullet or food processor.
- Cacao: Chocolatey goodness and loaded with disease-fighting antioxidants! You can use regular unsweetened cocoa powder, too.
- Cashew butter: This lends the most cookie-like, neutral flavor, but you can also use almond butter with similar results.
- Chocolate plant protein: For a protein boost and some sweetness! Aim for one made with rice and pea protein like this. I have not tried these with whey so I’m not sure about the results.
- Maple syrup: These bites are lightly sweetened with my favorite natural liquid sweetener. You could also use honey or agave.
- Peppermint extract: For minty flavor! Or just use vanilla extract for regular chocolate bites.
I like these best straight from the refrigerator. They’ll last up to a couple weeks! You can also freeze them to prolong shelf life even further.
More no-bake snacks to love:
- Gingerbread Energy Bites
- Matcha Cookie Protein Bites
- Cookie Dough Protein Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Salted Chocolate Covered Oatmeal Bites
If you make these bites, please let me know by leaving a comment and star rating. I’m so grateful for your feedback!Print
No Bake Mint Chocolate Bites with the best texture! One bowl (no food processor), packed with protein and low in sugar for an amazing healthy snack.
- Whisk together almond flour, oat flour, protein powder, cacao and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add cashew butter, maple syrup, peppermint and water and use your hands to work well until combined. It should stick together easily in your hands after mixing and not be crumbly (see photo of dough). If it gets crumbly, add more water. Roll into balls and store in the refrigerator or freezer.
For a classic chocolate peanut butter version, use peanut butter instead of cashew butter and vanilla extract instead of peppermint!