These summery Grilled Fish Tacos with fresh Strawberry Avocado Salsa and Lime Crema are a healthy meal bursting with flavor that the whole family will love!
I’m in a serious relationship with our new grill, you guys.
It makes EVERYTHING taste a zillion times better with so little effort. Grilled asparagus is my absolute fave followed closely by grilled sweet taters. I’m a changed woman now that I’ve laid mouth on grilled sweet potatoes, I’m tellin’ you. Now I adore tacos as much if not more than grilled things so it should come as no surprise that grilled fish tacos are my new favorite summery dinner. Jeff and I have been really appreciating spending time outdoors as a way to disconnect and unwind in the evenings; so making dinner outside on the grill has been a little something we look forward to each night.
Now let’s talk feeeesh! This month I’m excited to be partnering with the Seafood Nutrition Partnership to spread the word about my pledge to enjoy sustainable seafood two times a week (#Seafood2xWk) in an approachable, heart-healthy way. That’s what I’m all about! The Seafood Nutrition Partnership aims to reduce the risks of heart disease, improve baby brain wellness and increase memory for seniors by educating us about the health benefits of sustainable seafood and building awareness of seafood’s essential nutritional value. Pretty rad. I encourage you to take the pledge, too!
We all know fish can be pricey at times, so to keep this meal affordable, I used individually frozen wild cod fillets from Costco that I defrosted and it worked like a charm. Similar to frozen fruit, frozen fish is often time more fresh than what you’d buy at the fish counter because it’s frozen right at the peak of freshness. I love that the packaging has the blue label from the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC), meaning that it can be traced back to a sustainable source. When buying farmed fish, be on the look for the Best Aquaculture Practices certification. I always look at the country of origin of the fish as well and use my best judgement regarding the sourcing. Having these sustainability stamps makes it even easier to find tasty and sustainable seafood.
Now don’t let the ingredient list on this recipe scare you. Everything comes together in minutes and it’s a super simple recipe overall. The strawberry avocado mint salsa is a unique combination that I guarantee will make your taste buds extra joyous. If you don’t have strawberries, pineapple would also be delightful. I used Greek yogurt for the crema but if you’re dairy-free you could use soaked cashews or your favorite dairy-free yogurt. Tip: if you have extra mint, throw it in your water bottle for added flavor!
For all of you people sans grills, have no fear! You can easily make these in the oven and they’ll be just as tasty. Simply cook the fish in the oven until flaky per the recipe instructions.
I hope this recipe encourages you to sit back and enjoy a long, relaxing meal outdoors with those you love most. Tis’ the season!Print
Grilled Fish Tacos with Strawberry Avocado Salsa and Lime Crema
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Meal
These summery Grilled Fish Tacos with fresh strawberry avocado salsa and lime crema are a healthy meal bursting with flavor that the whole family will love!
For the tacos:
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked or regular paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 lbs cod (I used defrosted from frozen wild cod, can also use mahi mahi or halibut)
- 1 cups finely sliced cabbage
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
For the salsa:
- 2 cups finely chopped strawberries
- 1 ripe but firm small avocado, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 jalapeno, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the crema:
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (I used 2%)
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat grill to medium high or oven to 425F, if using. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Make salsa by combining all ingredients in a small bowl and tossing to combine. Set aside.
- Make crema by combining ingredients in a small bowl or using a blender to combine. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Place fish on a baking sheet. Combine chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and a few grinds of black pepper in a small bowl. Rub evenly over both sides of fish.
- Oil grill surface and cook fish for 4 minutes per side. If using oven, bake fish in oven for 9 minutes or until it’s cooked through and flakes with a fork. Place in bowl and gently break apart with fork.
- Warm tortillas. To serve, top with slaw, fish, salsa, and crema. Season each taco with a pinch of salt and pepper.
@hummusapien on Instagram!Let me know by leaving a review or tagging
This post is sponsored by the Seafood Nutrition Partnership. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Hummusapien possible!