These summery Grilled Fish Tacos with fresh strawberry avocado salsa and lime crema are a healthy meal bursting with flavor that the whole family will love!
For the tacos:
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked or regular paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 lbs cod (I used defrosted from frozen wild cod, can also use mahi mahi or halibut)
- 1 cups finely sliced cabbage
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
For the salsa:
- 2 cups finely chopped strawberries
- 1 ripe but firm small avocado, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 jalapeno, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the crema:
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (I used 2%)
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat grill to medium high or oven to 425F, if using. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Make salsa by combining all ingredients in a small bowl and tossing to combine. Set aside.
- Make crema by combining ingredients in a small bowl or using a blender to combine. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Place fish on a baking sheet. Combine chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and a few grinds of black pepper in a small bowl. Rub evenly over both sides of fish.
- Oil grill surface and cook fish for 4 minutes per side. If using oven, bake fish in oven for 9 minutes or until it's cooked through and flakes with a fork. Place in bowl and gently break apart with fork.
- Warm tortillas. To serve, top with slaw, fish, salsa, and crema. Season each taco with a pinch of salt and pepper.