This easy vegetable teriyaki stir fry is a foodgasm that can be on your table tonight in under thirty minutes flat! Please feel free to dive right into the delectable deliciousness.
I tell you no lie. But the cashews.
The ROASTED CASHEWWWWWS.
They almost tasted like chicken. It was kind of weird and kind of amazing. I don’t even like chicken, but they took on this incredible chewy, juicy texture as they soaked up the saucy glory. It was emotional and riveting and another breed of fabulous.
Whenever I ask clients what their go-to meal is, they say stir fry.
Why do I never make stir fry? I went from being a near stir fry virgin to eating it every day for two weeks straight. Still.Not.Sick.Of.It. The best part about this meal is that is has everything you need in one bowl. My favorite kind of dish!
You’ve got a boatload of veggies, whole grain brown rice, healthy fats from the olive oil, and oodles of protein from the edamame. You don’t have to waste precious brain power thinking about side dishes because…
This easy vegetable teriyaki stir fry has everything you ever need and more!
My predicament when creating this guy was how to make a good teriyaki sauce without sending my blood sugar into outer space. I solved the issue by using a full can of pineapple tidbits (LOL, who says tidbits?) to cash in on the natural sweetness of pineapple.
Then I sweetened the sauce a bit more with Norbu, which is an all natural zero calorie monk fruit sweetener that Arman got me hooked on before he moved away and left me in the dust. I find that it doesn’t have the bitterness that stevia does. The norbu, that is.
Moral of the story? Any sweetener will do just fine—maple syrup, honey, agave, brown sugar, or whatever floats your sugar boat.
You may just never order take-out again once you try this vegetable teriyaki stir fry.
Sorry, not sorry.Print
Easy Vegetable Teriyaki Stir Fry
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Main Meal
An easy vegetarian stir fry packed with protein and flavor, perfect for a quick vegan and gluten-free dinner!
For the stir fry:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 2 heaping cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup sliced bell pepper (I used frozen)
- 1 large head broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas
- 2 cups cooked brown rice or quinoa (I used frozen)
- 3/4 cup roasted salted cashews
- 1 cup edamame (I used frozen)
- Sliced green onions, optional for garnish
For the sauce:
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or dutch oven over medium heat. Once hot, add onion. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the sauce ingredients in a blender (I used my Nutribullet). Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Add garlic and ginger to pan and sauté for another 3 minutes. Add carrots, bell pepper, broccoli, and snap peas and sauté for another 5-7 minutes, or until veggies are tender. Stir in cooked brown rice, cashews and edamame, stirring until heated through.
- Pour sauce on top and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with chopped green onions and extra cashews.
@hummusapien on Instagram!Let me know by leaving a review or tagging
[Tweet “On the table in 30 minutes–Easy Vegetable Teriyaki Stir Fry via @TheHummusapien “]