This Easy Vegetable Teriyaki Stir fry is a healthy and delicious plant-powered meal on the table in thirty minutes! Makes even better leftovers. Vegan and gluten-free option.
For the veggie stir fry:
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp minced ginger (I use this bottled one)
- 2 heaping cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup sliced bell pepper (I used frozen)
- 1 large head broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas
- 2 cups cooked brown rice or quinoa (I used frozen)
- 1/2 cup roasted salted cashews (more to taste)
- 1 cup edamame (I used frozen)
- Sliced green onions, optional for garnish
For the teriyaki sauce:
- Heat oil in a large skillet or dutch oven over medium heat. Once hot, add onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger to pan and sauté for another 3 minutes. Add carrots, bell pepper, broccoli, and snap peas and sauté for another 5-7 minutes, or until veggies are tender. Stir in cooked brown rice, cashews and edamame, stirring until heated through.
- While veggies are cooking, make the sauce by placing sauce ingredients in a blender (I used my Nutribullet). Blend until smooth and set aside. Pour sauce on top and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with chopped green onions and extra cashews.