This healthy 30-minute Vegan Pasta Primavera made with whole grains, fresh veggies and a creamy sauce is the perfect satisfying meal!
HOW DID I NOT THINK OF THIS SOONER? After loads of Thai pasta salad, we're onto warm dishes!
You really can't go wrong with carbs and hummus, am I right? Crackers, toast, rice cakes...NOODLES!
We eat a lot of pasta in the hummus household. It's so quick and easy to boil noodles, roast up some veggies, and dress it up with a flavorful sauce.
Speaking of sauce, did you know Sabra makes more than just hummus? When I laid mouth on their new Mediterranean Bean Dips made with white, red, and black beans plus veggies, herbs, and spices, I knew they were just destined to meet a noodle or three.
All I did to create this mega creamy and flavorful sauce was combine the Spinach and Roasted Garlic Mediterranean White Bean Dip (I love the Sundried Tomato and Basil flavor, too!) with leftover pasta water, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
So freaking easy! The flavors from mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, peas, kale and asparagus all cozy with the hummus sauce and spaghetti are just meant to be. Oh and no judgment if you eat crackers dipped in bean dip while the noodles are cooking.
Easy one pot meals like this Creamy Spring Vegetable Pasta Primavera are what make eating healthy possible for us during the week.
I know I'm not alone when I say that when I come home from a long day at work, the last thing I want to do is cook. And clean.
Don't get me wrong---I love food. But it's not about extravagance or hours in the kitchen. No thank you. It's about cooking with ingredients that are close to my heart. That make me feel cozy.
This recipe celebrates simplicity and ease. It's what cooking should be---familiar, wholesome, and satisfying.
My favorite thing about this pasta recipe is that it uses an everyday, affordable, and approachable ingredient in a new way.
We've got our whole grains, veggies, leafy greens, plant-powered protein, and healthy fats all in one pot. Did I mention it'll be on the table in less than 30 minutes? Cheers to making dinner simple again.
Enjoy this cozy meal with someone you absolutely love, preferably with a tall glass of wine. You deserve it!Print
This healthy 30-minute Creamy Spring Vegetable Pasta Primavera made with whole grain spaghetti, loads of fresh veggies and a creamy sauce is the perfect satisfying meal! Vegan and gluten-free option.
- 1 lb whole grain spaghetti (sub gluten-free spaghetti if needed)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 8 oz cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 lb asparagus, woody ends removed and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups kale, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 8oz container Sabra Spinach and Roasted Garlic Mediterranean White Bean Dip
- 1 cup pasta water (more if needed)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water with a big pinch of salt to a boil. Cook noodles according to package directions. Reserve 1 ½ cups of water for the sauce and then drain noodles. Keep the pot handy.
- Meanwhile, heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet with a lid. Once hot, add mushrooms plus a pinch of salt and pepper and saute for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and saute for another 3 minutes. Add asparagus and cover pan for about 5 minutes, or until asparagus is crisp tender.
- Remove lid and add kale, cooking for a couple minutes or until wilted. Stir in peas. Transfer veggies to the pasta pot and add back in the pasta along with hummus, 1 cup pasta water, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir and add more pasta water if needed to get a sauce consistency. Serve warm!
Keywords: vegan pasta primavera
This post is sponsored by Sabra. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Hummusapien possible!