This healthy 30-minute Creamy Spring Vegetable Pasta Primavera made with whole grain spaghetti, loads of fresh veggies and a creamy sauce is the perfect satisfying meal! Vegan and gluten-free option.
- 1 lb whole grain spaghetti (sub gluten-free spaghetti if needed)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 8 oz cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 lb asparagus, woody ends removed and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups kale, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 8oz container Sabra Spinach and Roasted Garlic Mediterranean White Bean Dip
- 1 cup pasta water (more if needed)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water with a big pinch of salt to a boil. Cook noodles according to package directions. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of water for the sauce and then drain noodles. Keep the pot handy.
- Meanwhile, heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet with a lid. Once hot, add mushrooms plus a pinch of salt and pepper and saute for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and saute for another 3 minutes. Add asparagus and cover pan for about 5 minutes, or until asparagus is crisp tender.
- Remove lid and add kale, cooking for a couple minutes or until wilted. Stir in peas. Transfer veggies to the pasta pot and add back in the pasta along with hummus, 1 cup pasta water, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir and add more pasta water if needed to get a sauce consistency. Serve warm!