Easy and filling 20-minute Chickpea Tuna Salad packed with fresh veggies and the best Italian dressing for the ultimate healthy lunch.
We're doin' lunch RIGHT today, hunnies!
Cucumbers, tomatoes, and chickpeas oh my! Healthy chickpea tuna salad is here to stay. Because your lunch situation deserves to be so much more than a frozen burrito (hi, that's me). And least on Monday?!
I'm obsessed with my healthy tuna salad recipe, tuna and chickpea salad with lemon tahni dressing, and my curried chickpea salad. It's a fact--combining chickpeas and tuna is dreamy. And healthy! I'm bought in.
How to make chickpea tuna salad
This is seriously the easiest no-cook salad ever.
- Whip up your delish Italian dressing.
- Combine drained tuna and chickpeas, veggies, and Italian dressing in a bowl.
- Toss to combine, season to taste and dig in!
Ingredients and tips
- Chickpeas: drained and rinsed, please! White beans would work just fine here, too.
- Tuna: I love Wild Planet's sustainable tuna, which you can find at Costco or regular grocery stores. If you're feeling veg, you could leave out the tuna!
- Cucumber: I love English cucumber for refreshing crunch. Mini Persian cukes would also be great here.
- Tomatoes: Sweet, juicy summer tomatoes. Like candy, I tell ya! Love the color they add.
- Red onion: Not required, but I'm always on team onion. Green onion works as well.
- Kalamata olives: Optional, but when salty briny things are a possibility, I'm always on board.
- Parsley: Herbs all day, that's my way. I've got a parsley plant growing outside and it's pretty fab being able to throw it in all the things.
- Italian dressing: To tie the whole thing up with a flavor bomb bow. A store bought Italian would work just fine, too. Not a bad idea to make a full batch and save the rest for weeknight salads, either! It lasts for weeks.
- Add-ins: Marinated feta cheese or crunchy nuts? I'm not opposed!
Which tuna to use?
So many choices, so little time. I love Wild Planet albacore tuna, which we buy in 5-packs at Costco. Why, you ask? Because it’s pole and line caught in the northern Pacific Ocean or off coastal New Zealand, maintaining natural fish populations and preserving the local oceanic habitats.
It contains no added oil, water, or fillers. Hip hip hooray!
Safe Catch is another splendid choice, which has the lowest mercury of any brand.
This salad will last up to five days in an air tight container in the refrigerator. Add a squeeze of lemon just before serving if ya like to wake up all the snoozy flavors!
More easy salads to go crazy over
- Thai Pasta Salad
- Mediterranean Chickpea and Farro Salad
- Curried Chickpea Salad
- Healthy Broccoli Salad
- Brussels Sprout Kale Caesar Salad
Hurry hurry before the tomatoes taste like NOTHIN'!Print
Chickpea Tuna Salad Recipe
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Main Meals
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Easy and filling Chickpea Tuna Salad packed with fresh veggies, herbs, and the best Italian dressing for the ultimate healthy lunch! Done in 20 minutes
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 5-ounce can tuna in water, drained
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, chopped
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup kalamata olives, halved (can sub capers)
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ batch Italian Dressing
- Place chickpeas, flaked tuna, cucumber, tomato, onion, olives, and parsley in a large mixing bowl.
- Make dressing and pour over salad. Toss to combine and enjoy!
Keywords: chickpea tuna salad
Photos by The Nutritious Kitchen.
This is unbelievable! Ideal for a quick and easy lunch that everyone in the family will love!
Alexis Joseph says
The best tuna salad I've ever had!! And most certainly the healthiest too. It's light on the tuna protein heavy on the chick peas + veg. The homemade Italian dressing really added to the freshness, and it was all so easy to whip together. Eaten on crispy toast with a mountainous serving of salad on top. Will definitely be making this is staple meal in our household.
This is amazing!! Perfect as an easy lunch that the entire family will enjoy!
Such an easy lunch idea!