The easiest recipe for delicious healthy Banana Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with 7 ingredients and no added sugar. Vegan and gluten free!
In a quest to create a delish and totally snack-worthy cookie starring humble banana and oatmeal, this splendid recipe was born.
Because SO often on Sundays I find myself with overripe nanners and half an ounce of energy left to cook. Raise your hand if you want more easy peasy one bowl snack recipes! Meeeeeee.
Now I use the term "cookie" loosely. They are most certainly in the shape of a cookie, but don't go thinking we're makin' snickerdoodles or chocolate chip cookies today. They identify as a breakfast or snack cookie, if you will.
Wile they're supremely scrumptious in their own right, they're more soft like a snack bar versus a crispy edge cookie grandma makes. Plus, they're packed with nourishing ingredients to keep you keepin' on all day long. Kapeesh?
Would you just look at those stunning insides?!
Key ingredients and tips
- Old fashioned oats: Good ol' oats. We're using rolled oats, not instant or steel cut. I haven't tried these with quick oats so I'm not sure how those would pan out.
- Almond flour: Almond flour adds the most lovely texture and cookie-ish flavor. The healthy fats make these cookies have a bit more oomph! Regular flour won't work here as they're formulated with high fat flour.
- Bananas: The riper the better. Two medium-sized ones are perfect here. Because the sweetness comes solely from super duper ripe banana, they're less sweet than their dessert counterparts. Even so, I found myself totally craving these! And you know I'm a chocolate chip over raisin gal any day.
- Cinnamon: What's an oatmeal raisin cookie without cinnamon?! Saigon cinnamon from Costco is my fave.
- Baking soda: For proper rising.
- Salt: Never underestimate to power of salt for bringing out the sweetness in baked goods.
- Raisins: The perfect pop of bright, chewy, naturally sweet goodness. I have a friend who tested these with chocolate chips but she preferred the raisin version!
The unforgettable combo of raisins and cinnamon in these soft delights kept me wanting more. I was surprised to find they taste best on the second day. I'm getting warm and fuzzy just thinking about it!
Once baby can safely eat raisins, these would be a wonderful baby led weaning snack, too. Eeeee!
Are these cookies gluten free?
You betcha! Just make you're oats are certified gluten free if need be. They're also vegan!
What type of oats are best?
You want old fashioned or rolled oats for this recipe. Instant or steel cut varieties won't work. I haven't tested them with quick cook, but I imagine a half and half combo may work!
These cookies will last for two days in an air tight container on the counter. Store any leftovers after that in the refrigerator. I swear these taste best the next day when the flavors really come out!
More oatmeal snacks to adore
- Banana Zucchini Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal
- Salted Chocolate Covered Oatmeal Bites
- Blueberry Oatmeal Snack Bars
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Let me know in the comments if you try these bad boys. I can't wait to hear what ya think!Print
The easiest recipe for Healthy Banana Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with 7 ingredients and no added sugar. These have a soft, cakey texture. Vegan and gluten free!
- 2 large overripe bananas
- 1 ½ cups old fashioned oats (certified gluten free if needed)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a bakinfg sheet with parchment paper or a Silipat.
- Mash bananas in a medium mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Form dough in 16 round balls and place evenly on baking sheet. Gently flatten with your palm as they won't spread while baking.
- Bake for 20 minutes. These cookies taste even better the next day!
Adapted from my Morning Glory Breakfast Cookies.
STORAGE: Store in an air tight container on the counter for up to two days, then store any remaining cookies in the refrigerator.
Keywords: banana oatmeal cookies, healthy oatmeal raisin cookies, banana oatmeal raisin cookies