This creamy, dreamy bowl o’ heaven maaaaaay just be my favorite menu item at Alchemy.
People come in every day and ask me my what my favorite item is. I then proceed to rattle off 89.7% of the entire menu, since I’m literally obsessed with everything we make. You can find many of the drinks at Alchemy on this very blog, like the snickerdoodle smoothie, blueberry cacao smoothie, and the pumpkin pie smoothie. Speaking of the pumpkin pie smoothie….OMG.
It’s EVERYTHING. Like that may actually be my favorite smoothie at Alchemy. Isn’t she a beauty?!
Then we have our luscious acai bowls. What’s an acai bowl, you ask? First of all, it’s pronounced ah-sigh-ee, like you’re about to sneeze (ahh–chooo!). Acai is a low-sugar purple palm fruit from the Amazon loaded with ten times the cancer-fighting antioxidants of red grapes. Acai is unique because it’s packed with anti-inflammatory essential fatty acids along with a slew of vitamins, minerals, and fiber which help promote cardiovascular, digestive, and immune health. Boom shaka laka!
You can find frozen acai packs at your local health food store. I got mine at Whole Foods, duh.
We purchace our acai from a wonderful company called Sambazon who ethically sources amazon superfoods. Sambazon is dedicated to supporting the environmental and social well-being of the Brazilian Amazon people, including providing employment opportunities and increasing the socio-economic status of more than 10,000 family farmers in the Amazon. They’re certified to help sustainably manage more than 2 million acres of the Amazon rainforest!
So now you want a big acai bowl, right? They’re basically really thick smoothies that you eat in a bowl with a spoon. We then top them with yummy superfoods like cacao nibs, coconut, goji berries, banana, and maybe even granola if we’re feeling frisky.
If you’re too lazy/busy to make this in the comfort of your own home, head on over to Alchemy Juice Bar + Cafe so I can make it for you!!Print
This creamy, chocolatey acai bowl is packed with antioxidants for the perfect breakfast.
- 1 frozen unsweetened acai pack (100g)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 large overripe frozen banana
- 1 pitted Medjool date
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/4 of an avocado
- Toppings: cacao nibs, unsweetened shredded coconut, sliced banana, granola
- Break acai pack into fourths using a sharp knife. Place acai along with the rest of the ingredients (except toppings) in a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. If using a nutribullet, you will have to continuously shake it in order to blend properly since it is much thicker than a typical smoothie. Breaking the acai into smaller pieces will make it easier to blend.
- Top with desired toppings.