Baked Spaghetti Cups are a fun, customizable dinner for kids and adults! Make them your own with your favorite cheese and veggies. This post is sponsored by Barilla.
The cutest little spaghetti cups are here to tell ya that variety is the spice of life! Even if it means changing up the way you enjoy pasta. Because the time for fun is not tomorrow night or next week but right now, my pals.
If there's anything the last couple years have taught me, it's the importance of finding joy in the little things. The cozy movie and popcorn night. Hot cocoa with whipped cream after dinner. For me it’s spaghetti cups night on a Tuesday. Every day there are a million little reasons to celebrate. You just have to be looking!
How to make spaghetti cups
Baked spaghetti is so darn easy! All you need is a box of Barilla Spaghetti, your favorite pasta sauce, cheese, eggs, and a bit of cream cheese.
They reheat beautifully and make enough to feed a crowd, too!
- Cook pasta until al dente. Let it cool.
- Toss pasta with eggs and cream cheese. Fold in spinach and cheese.
- Twirl into nests and place in greased muffin tin. Top with sauce and more cheese.
- Bake and enjoy!
Nutrition, key ingredients and tips
Time for a fun nutrition fact! Did ya know enriched pasta is an excellent source of folate (50% Daily Value (DV)) and a good source of iron (10% DV)? Both nutrients are critical for healthy pregnancies and fetal development.
Another fab reason for my ladies of child-bearing age to enjoy Barilla Spaghetti!
- Pasta: We're using spaghetti cooked perfectly al dente. This makes the perfect base for little pasta nests!
- Cheese: Parmesan and mozzarella are my fave for a flavor punch and the perfect amount of salt, but play with the proportions if you fancy. The cheese helps these stick together, too!
- Eggs: This is the main driver for getting these babies to stay nice and tight in the muffin tin.
- Cream cheese: For creaminess, tang, mouthful, and so we don't have to use a zillion eggs.
- Pasta sauce: I so appreciate a sauce with high quality ingredients like extra virgin olive oil, onions, fresh tomatoes and Genovese basil. Vero Gusto is all the good stuff with no added sugar, water, or tomato paste.
- Spinach: For some veggies and a pop of color! You could also add sautéed mushrooms or bell pepper. A handful of fresh parsley or basil would also be fab.
To get all the ingredients you need to recreate these baked spaghetti cups at home, click here.
Store leftovers in an air-tight container for up to four days. Reheat in the microwave for 30-60 seconds, or until hot.
More cozy pasta recipes
- Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese Pasta
- Healthy Spinach and Artichoke Alfredo Pasta
- Healthy Southwestern Pasta Salad
- Vegan Lasagna Soup
Baked Spaghetti Cups Recipe
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 24 cups (8 servings) 1x
- Category: Main Meals
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
- Diet: Vegetarian
Baked Spaghetti Cups make a fun, tasty, and customizable dinner great for kids and adults! Make them your own with your favorite cheese, veggies or even add meatballs! This recipe makes a lot, but it can easily be halved to fill just one muffin tin (use two eggs).
- 1 16oz box Barilla spaghetti
- 1 20oz jar Vero Gusto by Barilla Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 ½ cups grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ⅓ cup whipped cream cheese
- Cook spaghetti in a large pot of salted water until al dente. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease two muffin tins with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and cream cheese until very well-combined. Once pasta is cool, add to bowl and use tongs to combine with egg mixture. Add spinach, 1 cup of the parmesan, and all of the mozzarella.
- Divide pasta mixture evenly into muffin tin. (I like to twirl a clump of the pasta around my finger to form nests that fit into the cups.) Top each cup with about 2 tbsp sauce and a sprinkle parmesan. Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before gently removing. Serve warm with extra sauce!
*If you use any other veggies like mushrooms or peppers, sauté them prior to adding so the pasta isn't too watery.
Keywords: baked spaghetti cups, baked spaghetti muffins
Alexis Joseph says
Mary, did you make this recipe? 16oz of pasta and all the other ingredient amounts are correct for 24 muffin cups (goal was to use a full box of pasta).
I love these!! So easy and convenient! Everybody in the family loves them for lunch or dinner
Such a cute idea!!!
Robin Lucas says
Absolutely delicious and husband approved:) I only made 1/2 using 2 eggs and they came our perfect. I honestly could eat ALL of them in one sitting so maybe a good idea I didn't make 24~lol