What do you call a fabulously rich and chocolatey and yummalicious bowl o’ batter that’s impossibly volatile and can’t for the life of her make up her mind as to whether she wants to be baked in a square baking dish or a muffin tin?
Uhhhh brownie muffins, derrrrrrrrr! Lezzzz call dem bruffins.
These whatchamacallits are betchy. Wanna know why? I’ll tell you why.
Because they stare at you in the wee hours of the morning while you’re trying to be all healthy and eat your overnight oatmeal in peace but you can’t because these brownie betches are staring you down like Regina George hashtag Mean-Girls hashtag you-can’t-sit-with-us.
These bruffins have serious identity issues. But I promise that once you sink your teeth into one…and then another, and then another….you won’t give a rat’s hiney what they’re called. Trust me when I say that these bruffins NEED to make their way into your meal planning routine. Like yesterday.
I used my beloved vegan MCT Lean chocolate protein powder, but feel free to use whatever kind you prefer. If you’re part of that bizarre .0000003 percent of the population that hates peppermint, you can always just leave that out. “Vegan Brownie Protein Muffins” is easier to say without the peppermint anyway.
Lezz stop talking and start baking. THERE’S BRUFFINS TO BE BIRTHED!!!!Print
Vegan Peppermint Brownie Protein Muffins
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 9 1x
- Category: Snack
A deliciously portable snack that’s packed with plant-based protein and free of refined sugar and flour!
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate protein powder (I use MCT Lean Vegan Protein Blend Natural Cocoa )
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, almond flour, protein powder, cocoa powder, chia seeds, baking soda and salt.
- In a liquid measuring cup or medium bowl, whisk together almond milk, applesauce, maple syrup, vanilla and peppermint extract.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin, filling each cup about 3/4 of the way full. You’ll have 9-10 muffins.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
Adapted from my Oatmeal Cinnamon Raisin Protein Bars
@hummusapien on Instagram!Let me know by leaving a review or tagging