A deliciously portable snack that's packed with plant-based protein and free of refined sugar and flour!
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate protein powder (I use MCT Lean Vegan Protein Blend Natural Cocoa )
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, almond flour, protein powder, cocoa powder, chia seeds, baking soda and salt.
- In a liquid measuring cup or medium bowl, whisk together almond milk, applesauce, maple syrup, vanilla and peppermint extract.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin, filling each cup about 3/4 of the way full. You'll have 9-10 muffins.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
Adapted from my Oatmeal Cinnamon Raisin Protein Bars