A banana walked into a bloob walked into a walnut walked into a muff.
These gifts from God are quite literally one of the most moist morsels of gobbletastic glory I’ve ever had the pleasure of laying mouth (and nose) on. The aroma alone will be enough to drive you bonkers! I think I dreamed for a hot second that I lived in a blueberry muff bakery. Mmmmm.
I was sure that these wouldn’t work. It was Sunday afternoon and I was feeling lazy pants. I wanted to lounge around in my sweats all day drinking bottomless mugs of coffee with cinnamon. Fretting about potential muffin batter turning into actual muffins wasn’t number one on my list. Nor was it number two.
It was number three. “Make stir fry” was one. “Clean my room” was two. Why am I incapable of dressing myself without causing a sweater tornado? That is the question. Forgive me, obnoxiously shiny leggings from sophomore year of college that are gathering a sad, sad pile dust beneath my extremely comfy bed as we speak.
I wasn’t so sure how my favorite gluten-free vanilla granola would hold up all baked in a blueberry muffin, but the result was everything you’d hope for and more. Super duper moist, lightly sweet from ripe bananas and wildflower honey in the granola (feel free to use your favorite granola if you don’t do honey), and delightfully crisp on top thanks to the nutty streusel. Yes, these muffins broke my streusel virginity.
Granola on the inside and granola on the outside. As if I’d have it any other way!
Say sayonara to funky flours, gums, and starches. We’re focusing on the simple things in life, like almond meal, oats, flax and granola. If I can do it, you can do it. These are E.A.S.Y. Exceptionally, amazingly, superbly yumtastical.
Give your belly what it wants. It’s a muffin party and your mouth’s invited!!
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed + 6 tbsp water
- 3 medium overripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats (use certified gluten-free if necessary)
- ½ cup Udi’s vanilla granola
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup blueberries (I used frozen)
- ¼ cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Udi’s vanilla granola
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1½ tbsp coconut oil, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Place flax and water in a small bowl. Stir and set aside.
- To make the streusel, place walnuts, granola, and coconut sugar in a small bowl, stirring to combine. Add coconut oil and mix together using your fingers until you have a crumbly mixture. Set aside.
- Place bananas and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and mash with a fork. Stir in flax mixture.
- Add almond meal, oats, granola, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda. Stir until just combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin tin. Top each muffin with a sprinkling of the streusel mixture.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until a fork inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool for at least 20 minutes in tin on a cooling rack before removing from tin.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Learn more about living gluten free! Visit http://udisglutenfree.com/community
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Udi’s Gluten Free. The opinions and text are all mine.