Oh so fluffy, tender, and moist Vegan Blueberry Banana Muffins full of whole grains. These delicious muffins make the ultimate healthy snack or simple on-the-go breakfast!
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1½ cups very overripe bananas, mashed (3 large bananas)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup avocado oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or white whole wheat/all purpose flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with silicone baking cups.
- Place almond milk and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl. Stir and set aside.
- Place bananas in a large mixing bowl. Use a potato masher or fork to mash them well. Add maple syrup, oil, and vanilla, stirring to combine. Stir in almond milk.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir just until just barely combined (a few flour clumps are okay). Gently fold in in blueberries, being careful not to over-mix.
- Fill muffins three-quarters full. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool muffins on a wire rack for 15 minutes before removing from tin to cool completely.
STORAGE: Store muffins in a tightly covered container at room temperature for up to 2 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Freeze muffins for up to 3 months.
GLUTEN FREE OPTION: You can sub an all purpose gluten free flour.
Keywords: vegan blueberry banana muffins