Miracle 5-Minute creamy Vegan Tomato Soup made in the blender with only 5 simple ingredients! No chopping or sautéing required for this silky smooth, dairy-free tomato soup using canned tomatoes. This recipe couldn't be easier and it freezes great!
While I can definitely get behind sautéing onion in olive oil for 30 minutes, today we're going for the fastest, easiest, most miraculous creamy tomato soup recipe ever!
We're ditching the typical heavy cream addition and using humble cashews instead, which create a lusciously smooth soup done in mere minutes. Is this even real?!
- Canned whole peeled tomatoes: Sweet, juicy tomatoes and their juices. Bonus points if there's basil! You want to use a high quality tomatoes for the best flavor, like San Marzano. I use Cento brand. Did you know canned tomatoes actually have more of the powerful antioxidant lycopene than fresh tomatoes? Winning!
- Cashews: Raw cashews are an amazing vegan stand-in for heavy cream.
- Garlic: For classic tomato soup flavor.
- Vegetable broth: This adds lots of flavor and is important for savory vibes since we're not using onion. I use Better Than Bouillon.
- Salt: To season the soup.
How to make (step-by-step)
Place cashews, garlic and broth in a glass liquid measuring cup. Microwave for 1 minute.
Add tomatoes, cashews, broth, garlic and salt to a high-speed blender.
Blend until smooth and creamy, warm on the stove, and serve!
Can I use diced tomatoes?
I would not recommend diced tomatoes in this recipe because they tend to be lower quality (imagine the leftover odds and ends versus the nice, in tact whole ones).
The flavor of this soup will be best with high-quality, whole peeled tomatoes.
- topped with a drizzle of good olive oil, basil, and croutons
- topped with red pepper flakes, avocado and pumpkin seeds
- with vegan kale caesar salad
- with a gooey grilled cheese for dipping
Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
How to freeze
This soup freezes great! Place cooled soup in a freezer-safe gallon plastic bag and lay flat. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Thaw overnight in the fridge then reheat over the stove or in the microwave.
Don't forget to leave a star rating and comment letting me know you made these! I'm so grateful for your feedback always.Print
5-Minute Creamy Vegan Tomato Soup made in the blender with only 5 simple ingredients. No chopping or sautéing required for this silky smooth, dairy-free tomato soup using canned tomatoes. This recipe couldn't be easier and it freezes great!
- Place cashews, garlic and broth in a glass liquid measuring cup or bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. (Alternatively, you can warm in a small pot over the stove.)
- Add tomatoes and their juices, cashews, broth, garlic and salt to a high-speed blender. Blend until very smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. If your brand of tomatoes lean more acidic, you can add 1 tsp sugar to balance it.
- Pour mixture into a saucepan over medium heat until warmed through. Once hot, ladle into bowls and serve garnished with basil alongside crusty bread!
*If you like things less salty, start with ½ tsp salt.