These easy Vegan S’mores Bars are made with oats, graham crackers, and cashew butter for a healthier spin on the classic! Gluten-free option.
We may have less than two months left of summer but we’ve got unlimited months of s’mores!!!
Ya see, home girl doesn’t have a fire pit. I have wooden skewers and bags on bags of chocolate and ‘mallows but no big open flame. Enter homemade S’mores Bars with a smorgasbord of all the s’moreiest ingredients—no fire pit required!!
Oven > everything.
I still haven’t gotten over my Cookie Dough Protein Bars. Like, I’ve been making and polishing off a batch every week since I posted them. So when I randomly bought graham crackers and marshmallows at the store, my brainy wheels started turning. S’mores bread? Bars? Cake? Pancakes? Cookies? Cheese balls?!!?
D, all of the above.
IS YOUR LUNCHBOX EVEN READY FOR THESE?!
These super duper kid-friendly S’mores Bars are quite timely because we’re heading into back to school season whilst hanging onto summer for dear life. It’s campfire spirit meets lunchbox. It’s fun meets functional. What could be better?!
Today I’m partnering with my great friends over at Bob’s Red Mill to show you that conquering back to school season doesn’t have to be so tough. Whether it’s packing wholesome and happy lunches for the kiddos or fueling ourselves, we’re on team “work smarter, not harder.” These S’mores Bars are most definitely the smartest, most delicious decision I’ve made this season. They’re made with whole grain old-fashioned oats (use gluten-free if needed), graham crackers (use gluten-free or vegan ones if needed), cashew butter, and of course the most epic chocolate + marshmallow combo for a healthy yet still totally drool-worthy spin on the classic.
Fiber, plant-powered protein, brain-boosting fats, and enough chocolate to make it through seventh period math class…checkcheckcheckcheck.
Breakfast bars on the go? Lunchbox treat? Dinner when nothing else sounds satisfying?? You really can’t go wrong here.
I guarantee that these babies will be approved by taste buds of all ages. If not, you get to eat them all yourself. Lucky you!!Print
These easy S’mores Bars are made with oats, graham crackers, and cashew butter for a healthier spin on the classic! With a rich chocolate layer and gooey marshmallows, kids and adults of all ages will adore them. Vegan and gluten-free option.
For the bars:
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill old-fashioned oats (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 4 full sheets of graham crackers (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ cup cashew butter (can sub almond butter)
- ½ cup almond milk
For the chocolate topping:
For the marshmallow topping:
- 10–12 vegan marshmallows, sliced into fourths, or mini marshmallows to cover (vegan if necessary)
- Line an 8×8 inch square baking dish with parchment paper going both ways.
- Place oats and graham crackers in a food processor or blender (I used my Nutribullet). Process until a flour-like consistency is achieved. Dump into a large bowl and add salt, stirring to combine.
- Add maple syrup, cashew butter, and almond milk. Stir until you have a ball of “dough.” Using wet hands, press evenly into prepared baking dish.
- Make chocolate coating by placing chocolate chips, coconut oil, and cashew butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 20-second intervals for about a minute, or until melted, stirring each time. Pour chocolate over bars and use a spatula to spread evenly. Freeze for an hour.
- Once the chocolate has set, gently remove the bars from the baking dish and transfer to a baking sheet, removing parchment paper. Top with halved marshmallows. Broil for about 45 seconds to a minute or until marshmallows are browned. Watch closely to avoid burning.
- Remove from oven and carefully slice into 9-12 bars. If you want the chocolate to firm up again, feel free to re-freeze until set. Store covered on the counter for up to 24 hours or refrigerate for longer.
This post is sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Hummusapien possible!