These easy S'mores Bars are made with oats, graham crackers, and cashew butter for a healthier spin on the classic! With a rich chocolate layer and gooey marshmallows, kids and adults of all ages will adore them. Vegan and gluten-free option.
For the bars:
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill old-fashioned oats (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 4 full sheets of graham crackers (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ cup cashew butter (can sub almond butter)
- ½ cup almond milk
For the chocolate topping:
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (dairy-free if necessary)
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
For the marshmallow topping:
- 10-12 vegan marshmallows, sliced into fourths, or mini marshmallows to cover (vegan if necessary)
- Line an 8x8 inch square baking dish with parchment paper going both ways.
- Place oats and graham crackers in a food processor or blender (I used my Nutribullet). Process until a flour-like consistency is achieved. Dump into a large bowl and add salt, stirring to combine.
- Add maple syrup, cashew butter, and almond milk. Stir until you have a ball of "dough." Using wet hands, press evenly into prepared baking dish.
- Make chocolate coating by placing chocolate chips, coconut oil, and cashew butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 20-second intervals for about a minute, or until melted, stirring each time. Pour chocolate over bars and use a spatula to spread evenly. Freeze for an hour.
- Once the chocolate has set, gently remove the bars from the baking dish and transfer to a baking sheet, removing parchment paper. Top with halved marshmallows. Broil for about 45 seconds to a minute or until marshmallows are browned. Watch closely to avoid burning.
- Remove from oven and carefully slice into 9-12 bars. If you want the chocolate to firm up again, feel free to re-freeze until set. Store covered on the counter for up to 24 hours or refrigerate for longer.