If you're gonna eat kale, you should probably eat it in this sensationally superb salad.
This salad is da bomb because it's looks all kaley but doesn't taste all kaley. Because it sounds like rabbit food but doesn't taste like rabbit food. I mean holy moly....this ensalada is a downright dream boat. A real treat for the taste buds.
The toasty almonds, the sweet golden raisins (which may I add are far superior to regular raisins), the simple lemony dressing...I can't even.
I think this would be over the top fab with avocado and some feta, but I wanted to keep it vegan-friendly for Alchemy customers since some of our other salads are full o' feta. Avocado browning in a kale salad kind of ruins the whole yumtastic image of this healthy salad, but feel free to add it in at home if you're eating it the same day!
Speaking of Alchemy, be sure to head on over to The Micro Harvest for a little Q & A action!
There's definitely some plant-based protein in this bad boy from the quinoa, but I like topping it with a Luna burger (or whatever veggie burger you prefer) when I'm feeling hangry pants. I've been loving having this on hand in the fridge for lunches since it gets even better over time as the dressing marinates.
I love helping people love kale. Kale is like exercise. You know it's super good for you but you don't want to do it. Well consider me your kale personal trainer. It's my mission to make you like kale. To make you LURVE kale.
Mission accomplished, you kale lovin' fools!Print
A lemony kale salad packed with quinoa, toasted almonds, and golden raisins.
For the dressing:
- 1 ½ lemons, juiced
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ¾ tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
For the salad:
- 2 bunches curly kale, destemmed and finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups cooked quinoa
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado, cubed (optional)
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Place chopped kale in a large bowl. Pour dressing on top and massage dressing into leaves for a couple of minutes (using your hands) until kale is broken down.
- Add cooked quinoa, raisins, almonds, peppers, and avocado. Toss to combine.