Healthy No Bake Pumpkin Bars topped with chocolate are an amazing snack or treat! Enjoy them straight from the freezer. Vegan and gluten free!
Sooooo are you still here for the pumpkin recipes?
Okay, good. I knew we could squeeze out one more!
These delectable treats are the seasonal big sis to my beloved Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars. We're swapping out the peanut butter for more neutral cashew butter, adding pumpkin puree and spice, and voila! Divine snack material straight outta the freezer.
Going out of this season with a bang, aren't we?
Ingredient tips and substitutions
This recipe makes 16 bars, but if you're looking for a smaller batch, you could cut it in half and make it in a loaf pan. I love to top them (and really anything with chocolate) with flaky salt!
- Nut butter: Cashew butter is optimal here for neutral, cookie-like flavor that lets the pumpkin shine through. Almond butter would be the next best sub, although they'll have a nuttier flavor. I have not tried these with peanut butter!
- Oats: We want old fashioned oats, not steel cut or instant. We whiz them in the food processor so they form a nice flour. I imagine almond flour would also work here as a grain-free version, but I have not tested it.
- Pumpkin pie spice: if you don't have store bought, you can mix together 1 tbsp cinnamon,½ tsp ground ginger, ½ tsp ground cloves, and ¼ tsp nutmeg and then measure out 1 tbsp for the recipe.
- Semi sweet chocolate chips: You could also use your favorite chocolate bar.
- Go nut free: Swap out the cashew butter for sunflower seed butter.
- Up the chocolate factor: Want a thicker chocolate layer? Increase the chocolate chips to 1 cup or more.
- No ground flax: Sub almond flour or more oat flour.
These babies must be stored in the freezer to hold their texture. Luckily they taste fabulous that way and last up to three months!
Craving more healthy snacks? Look no further!
- Cookie Dough Protein Bars
- Flourless Pumpkin Muffins
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- Salted Chocolate Covered Oatmeal Bites
- No-Bake Matcha Protein Bars
I hope you’re as in love with these delectable No-Bake Pumpkin Bars as I am! If you make them, please leave a comment and star rating letting me know how it turned out. I’m so grateful for your feedback!Print
Healthy No Bake Pumpkin bars topped with chocolate are an amazing snack or treat! Enjoy them straight from the freezer. Vegan and gluten free! Prep time does not include freezing time.
For the bars:
- 1 cup creamy cashew butter*
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 ¼ cups old-fashioned oats, ground into fine flour in the blender
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
For the topping:
- ¾ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- Line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper. Combine all bar ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth. Press mixture evenly into the lined pan.
- Make topping by placing chocolate chips and nut butter in small, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for a minute in 30 second increments, stirring each time until smooth. Pour chocolate on top of bar mixture and use a rubber spatula to smooth. Top with flaky salt.
- Freeze for four hours or overnight. Once solid, slice into 16 bars. Store in a freezer baggie or air-tight container in the freezer.
*This recipe was tested with drippy natural cashew butter. I have not tested this recipe with peanut butter, but since it has a stronger flavor, these would taste more like peanut butter versus neutral almond/cashew butter so I don't recommend it. A better sub with be almond butter!